Merlin annual pass

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
firsttimermum

Merlin annual pass

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi ! Just wondering if anybody has purchased the annual merlin pass, which allows 12 months allows unlimited entry to attractions like Alton towers, thorpe park,warwick castle, london eye,dungeons etc...

I just saw an offer on Nick jr tv :oops: for 25% discount so for a family of four it is £300. This seems well worth it as the pas pays for itself even if you only visit 3-4 attractions all year!
Researching it on the net and I read someone bought it for half price!!!

Anybody know anything or have bought one???
raceytracey

Post by raceytracey »

If you collect Tesco vouchers you can buy this pass using them and its much much cheaper.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi thanks for the response, unfortunately I don't have enough points, I have seen them and they cost about 35 pounds or so each!! Next year I'll definately buy them from there...any advice for now?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Not even heard of it until now, so I cannot help you.

Have you checked on Martyn Lewis's (is that his name?) website, or any other discount voucher site, to see if you can find it for less?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

We have bought it and already found value for money. The beauty for us is that because we live in London we can pop down to Chessington/Thorpe Park/Legoland etc first thing for two hours and go on all the rides and once the queues become ridiculously long we leave. If you buy a day ticket then you need to stay the whole day and put up with the queues. :( We are going to the zoo at Chessington next week because we didn't have enough time to do both on the last visit.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi Tipsy, it does sound like its really good value for money. We live in birmingham, but our car is gas converted so its really cheap to travel. It cost us 20 pounds for 200 miles!!
I think I will buy it from 1st of August then we can use it next year aswell at the beginning of the holidays.
Someone on another forum said you could buy it 187 pounds at Great Yarmouth :? !! ypu can buy it on the phone and they send it to you afterwards, but I don't know if I can trust that :?:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I think that must be fake because you pay for it online at one of the attractions and then you have to go to the attraction to get your photo taken in a special booth and it imprints onto the card. I got mine when there was a 20% discount on it so if you wait a little longer then it may reduce to 30%.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

quite a few of these things have significant discounts available anyway if you hunt around for voucher codes etc.

It is quite a lot of money to be spending on such places - maybe they just don't appeal to me :oops:

Having said that, I enjoyed the London Eye, but the good museums are free and I bet they don;t include any steam trains :roll:
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hey thanks Tipsy, hmm I had my suspicions so I think I will leave that alone. One more thing my youngest is 4 turning 5 in september. However he is quite petite, the advisor said he needs to be under 1.1m. We actually measured him and he is 104cm, so we are contemplating whether we should include him or not. My husband says he will probably grow so we should, what do you think??

The only thing he can't get into is Sealife which we have done so many times!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

hermanmunster wrote:
the good museums are free and I bet they don;t include any steam trains :roll:
Oh Herman, how could you forget the York Railway Museum!! Of course they have steam trains :lol: Even a little biddy one which adults can go on (Thomas the Tank Engine makes guest appearances too :lol: )
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now