'Help I'm the parent of a teenager, get me out of here!'

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

'Help I'm the parent of a teenager, get me out of here!'

Post by Ed's mum »

Okay, he's not actually a teenager for another 5 weeks, but my 'little' boy is growing up. Sometimes I hardly recognise him. He talks about girls now (although he is extremely guarded about what he says)and his conversations with his friends are, apparently, centred around one basic topic most of the time (!)

And don't get me started on the at ti tude!!

It's all part of the big adventure I suppose.
:mrgreen:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I see you your teenager and raise you my surly B*****D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I am so glad you posted this because I am feeling excited and at the same time depressed at my boy growing up. His attitude stinks at the moment and he has been horrible for 5 days. This seems to have coincided with the 20 year old French girl who has come over for the summer! It dawned on me this evening when he almost Rugby tackled me (and he is the unsporty one) to sit next to her at the dinner table and then hung on her every word. Is this his first crush! :shock:

Again OH is thrilled :roll: and part of me is excited as I remember the feelings I had at that age; it was a confusing but nevertheless magical time. But the selfish mum in me is saying NO, NO, NO, you are my baby and you only love me! :cry:

I need KES to come and tell me that her grown-up boys think she's fabulous...PLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE? :(
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

T.i.p.s.y wrote: I need KES to come and tell me that her grown-up boys think she's fabulous...PLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE? :(
It's your lucky evening, Tipsy. With the sad exception of KESboy, to whom chivalry does not yet come naturally, they are delightfully attentive and certainly do a wonderful impression of thinking I am fabulous. :D
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

yoyo123 wrote:I see you your teenager and raise you my surly B*****D
I have TWO of those in this house!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Don't worry everyone, they do grow out of it ............................... eventually :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, been there, done that, got the T shirt. They will return to normal human beings right about the time they leave home :shock: :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I keep thinking you are 25 Snowdrops and then you remind me that you have an older child. :o

Tell me, is it true?

A daughter's a daughter all your life
A son's a son until he has a wife, girfriend, female... :roll:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

As old as my children are, I'm afraid I cannot answer that for you.

Son is in the police force but remains unmarried and my middle daughter is the handicapped one and will (probably) never marry.

Ask me again in 20 years time when my youngest has hopefully married and given me grandchildren :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Grandchildren!

just when I was beginning to relax
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It's OK, I'm planning my escape already.

I have plans laid down to secretly leave the country when any grandchild reaches the age of 4. I will return once they start primary school and then depart by the time they reach their 10th birthday.

I have chosen a secret meditarranean island which is remote from the usual tourist tracks.

It has running hot and cold water, modern bathroom facilites together with tv and internet access.

Should anyone wish to join me they would be welcome!