Kent/Bexley 11+ Maths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NEW2THIS

Kent/Bexley 11+ Maths

Post by NEW2THIS »

Possibly a silly question, but are the Bond books recommended to prepare for the Kent and Bexley 11+ Maths exam? :oops:
SSM

Post by SSM »

My boys did the bond books in preparation for the Kent 11+ and passed.

You can only get 4 Maths 11+ papers from Nfer so once you complete those you need to find new material.

My attitude is that the more varied stuff the kids do, the less likely they are to be phased by something new.
NEW2THIS

Post by NEW2THIS »

OK, thanks SSM.
I didn't want to buy the Bond books and then realise that there are other books which are more appropriate for the Kent Maths 11+.
Did you also use their NVR Books?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I use the Bond 10 minute tests and find them quite good. They have single subject tests and mixed.

If you are not very confident the " how to do" books are good too.

Make sure that mental maths and tables are up to scratch too.
NEW2THIS

Post by NEW2THIS »

Thanks Yoyo. I was browsing a bookshop yesterday, and noticed that Bond have just published 10 minute tests for ages 7-8 and 8-9 in all subjects. They used to begin at ages 9-10...
sp

Post by sp »

BTW if you by the individual sets ie Maths, VR and NVR which will give you 4 papers of each type don't be tempted to then buy the mixed pack as they are duplicates!! Also be aware that last year ie Sep 2008 the actual test was set out slightly differently to the tests you buy, just make sure DC are aware that it might be a bit different on the day (might not as well!!)

Remember also that the Kent test is multiple choice so buy the correct papers.