It's very quiet on here, how is the 11+ practise going?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

It's very quiet on here, how is the 11+ practise going?

Post by Ed's mum »

How are you getting on with 11+ practise? I confess to having done nothing with my daughter. No idea why! Post what you've been doing so that you can scare me into action!

(Cannot make my writing green today!) :mrgreen:
Dadof3

Post by Dadof3 »

I'll go first.........hopefully others will follow!

I have started revision with DS2. DS1 sat exam 2 years ago (NFER). I still have NFER resources obtained from this site and have used NFER, Bond, Tutors and IPS. Looking back NFER was relatively easy to prep for, just a case of learning the 21 question types and then practise. With hindsight DS1 peaked too early and it became a drag to keep going up to October and not repeat sample papers.

The new CEM test is IMHO more difficult to prep for. I am taking the approach of 'little and LESS often' I supplement the NFER type resources with BBC bitesize arithmetic/maths. I still use the NFER word lists from this site.
I am avoiding doing full scale tests but have used the IPS 30 minute tests to gauge the relative ability of DS2 to DS1. Pleased to find that DS2 appears as bright as DS1 scoring 90%+ with IPS but he is not as quick and is able to finish but does not have any time for checking and is prone to careless mistakes. Plenty time to improve speed. I am also consciously using a mixture of Standard format and Multiple choice. Multiple choice is definately worth practising as reviewing the available choices can 'short-circuit' to the answer. Also stresses the importance of aligning question number to answer number.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

We are taking a few weeks off for the summer hols.
Animis opibusque parati