The Tiffin Journey 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
supermum2

The Tiffin Journey entry 2011

Post by supermum2 »

Hello

My son is due to go into year 5 this year. Through following the posts on this site it is apparent that I should begin preparation at least by the end of this year for the entrance tests.

I am keen to speak to parents in the same position to possible share ideas for the long journey ahead.

Please feel free to PM me if you do not wish to publically post on this forum but I think it would be nice for this post to follow the journey through to next year. I am hoping for this to be stress free (wishful thinking I hear you say)

Look forward to hearing from you.
All I need now is wings!
Thea

Post by Thea »

Count us in! Will be home tutoring.
Best Regards,
Thea
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Me Too! My son will be going for Tiffin (our local GS) and also Sutton Grammar.
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Hey this is nice, I am toying between the ideas of home tutoring or a private tutor, this site especially has given more confidence to doing it myself.

What strategies do you intend to use?
All I need now is wings!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello all!

We will be preparing for ds2 to get in to Tiffin for 2010 - he is also going into year 5!

Phew! Its been a long journey already, ds1 is settling in nicely into Tiffin (it's his third day) and has gone on his team building activity today and wont be back till 5. My other kids wont be back at school till the 23rd (!) bcz they attend an Islamic school and have Ramadan off... so i am going to start with light preparation now... may aswell make use of the time I have!

I'm so pleased that you started this thread, supermum! I was logging on to do the same thing and let every one know that i was going to start ds on the tutors CD once a week, just to get him familiarised.

We have also started the first aid in English so we wont have to worry about that later in the day.

Best wishes to everyone, look forward to getting to know you all more!
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Sorry, meant Me too for Tiffin. I'm not brave enough to home tutor so we have gone down the tutoring route. I'm really pleased with DS's progress so think it was the right thing to do for us anyway!
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Jays Darlin... First aid in English?

I didn't know that publication still existed, I used it when I was a child.

I shall jump onto Amazon right away.. thanks!
All I need now is wings!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

I still have my younger brother's First Aid, its all yellow and fragile, and my mum backed it with a calendar sheet (!) It's an heirloom! It doesnt feel right using it, nor does it feel right giving it away. :lol:
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

My copy, today would be called a relic!! may check ebay under antiques!!
All I need now is wings!
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Hi All and how is it going.

DS took an assessment to join a tutor group in January.

He score a very high score (over 80%) and I am now wondering whether to trust myself with DIY.

I know this topic has been exhausted but it would be great to hear from those of you going the DIY route and what your plans are.

I think I will give it 1 term and see how it goes, if he doesnt find it challenging then may continue with the work we have been doing.
All I need now is wings!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now