Labels for school uniform and equipment

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AlisonR

Labels for school uniform and equipment

Post by AlisonR »

I've got loads of sew/iron in labels for school clothes but I'm looking for some recommendations for waterproof labels that can stick to things like water bottles and survive in the dishwasher.

Also, I always struggle to find places to write names on shoes and was chatting to someone who had got labels that fit into shoes and stay in! Unfortunately it was some time ago that they bought them and they can't remember where they came from.

I've done a google search and found loads of websites offering these sort of things but I was hoping that someone would be able to recommend a reputable place where I could purchase labels from.

Thanks
Alison
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Cash's do the shoe labels and general labels for equipment (calculators etc) which have a transparent waterproof "cover" that sticks over the label. I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.
andyb

Post by andyb »

I use easy2name - they are sticky and iron on so can be used on clothes or hard stuff like calculators and lunch boxes, you can buy see through over-stickers for shoes (the same sort of thing as Kent99 mentions, but I think Clarks do something similar, too). For things that go in the dishwasher I use a CD marking pen - the sort that you use to write on CDRoms - but I'm sure any permanent marker would do the same job.

I had a very productive rainy afternoon this week attaching name tapes to shirts, jumpers, trousers......... :?
katel

Post by katel »

I use a permanent marker for things like water bottles and calculators and stuff like that. Quicker and easier. Just check every now and then that it hasn't worn off.
SSM

Post by SSM »

Kent99 wrote:I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.
That made me giggle, had the image of putting shoes through the dishwasher. :lol:
kosar.irshad

Post by kosar.irshad »

Hi I swear by labels from labelplanet. They do packs that include labels for shoes, clothes and water bottles etc.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

I use a tippex pen for labelling dark items like a pencil case otherwise a cd marker or freezer pen on clothes labels.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

We use Label Planet as well. I can't remember any coming off anything and there's no faffing about with an iron.

Mike
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

SSM wrote:
Kent99 wrote:I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.
That made me giggle, had the image of putting shoes through the dishwasher. :lol:
Didn't you know - this really is the best way to get Crocs clean! :wink:
Marylou
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Thanks for all your comments. I've gone with the Label Planet ones. but I'll get myself a good permanent marker too. :D

Alison