Left handed fountain pen

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chardom

Left handed fountain pen

Post by chardom »

I ordered my DS a Pelikano fountain pen ready for September, as recommended by users of this site and he is over the moon with it. It has helped his handwriting and he is not smudging as much which has increased his confidence. Thanks to everyone who gave advice about this and to anyone with a leftie DS or DD who is wondering how they will cope with a fountain pen at Big School then look no further - try a Pelikano!!
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Ah the curse of the fountain pen and left handedness. Good job we are more intelligent!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

why weren't they around when I was at school - it's just not fair :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
observer

Post by observer »

Thank goodness for this forum...I wasn't even aware that they made left handed fountain pens! I would like to get one for my DD, do you know if you can buy them in high street stationers?
Would you recommend the pelicano over the lamy then?
Cheers,
Obs.
observer

Post by observer »

scratch that last post...i have ordered a pelikano online. Thanks :)
chardom

Post by chardom »

I have used both lamy and pelikano and in my experience and my family (OH, DC, and me are all left handed!!) the pelikano have been the best we have tried. We have the junior and the adult version. I ordered mine from www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk and they came the next working day. Am not sure if you can get them on the high street but have looked in WH Smith and they dont stock them. As a left handed family we can certainly agree that we ARE more intelligent than those ordinary right handed mortals! :lol:
chardom

Post by chardom »

Have just noticed that you have purchased a pelikano and hope it works well for you observer. :)
observer

Post by observer »

Thanks chardom, I have gone for the adult version for DD (she is off to grammar in Sept...) wasn't aware of a junior version :?
PS she is the only leftie in the family...she is very very bright though...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now