kegs 2010 admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stirfry

kegs 2010 admissions

Post by stirfry »

hi anyone preparing ds for kegs 11+ this year? Can you offer any advice? :)
kegstwo

kegs 2010 admissions

Post by kegstwo »

hello stirfry - no prep for us this year (can you sense the relief?) but ds2 starts at kegs in September and ds1 already there. They had me as their tutor :shock: We used a mixture of the Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks series, some IPS 10 min papers and I downloaded the Tutors method and technique from this site, which really helped with the question types that ds2 was not so happy about. We did a couple of GL Assessment papers nearer the time for familiarisation. Also some of the Tutors short e-papers at level 4 a couple of weeks before the test - we had a mum v ds2 challenge, then we would mark each others! Worked v. well with ds2 - couldn't have done that with ds1! GL Assessment papers for maths and then went over anything not already taught at school. For English, I borrowed a comprehension book from school and made up some punctuation questions. Nearer the time they did some of the CSSE past papers. Sounds a lot but it was a couple of hours on a Saturday morning and then a few midweek sessions nearer the time. Good luck!
stirfry

Post by stirfry »

thanks Kegstwo,. much appreciated! :D
moved

Post by moved »

Advice from some old hands in this thread.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9898
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now