Parmiters CI Interest 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stressed but survivor 2

Parmiters CI Interest 2009

Post by stressed but survivor 2 »

Here I am again with DD this time in September, and once again, I have just found out that an aquaintance who had a place at Parmiters -accepted it, child attended the induction day in July etc, has just decided to now accept an offer at an Independent school. They have only just sent the email to Parmiters rejecting the place this week.

It is late in the day but I hope that someone on the CI list will be made very happy!

This happened last year to another aquaintance I knew, and I do think that it is um, well, selfish for want of a better word, IMO, to take up a place when you can afford - and plan to take up - an Indie school. Tthese were both long-term overseas secondment parents which doesn't mean anything except that they have the money I suppose!
watmum

Post by watmum »

Hi Stressed! (not "sressed" this time!) it's an age old story isn't it, but sometimes, the parents don't even bother to notify Parmiters, instead the child just does not bother to turn up on the first day of term!! Grrrrr Madening
stressed but survivor 2

Post by stressed but survivor 2 »

I forgot the password for "sressed" so reinvented myself!

Actually the situation is worse than I had thought - according to a previous thread the 3 or 4 successful Appeals mean that the school is over PAN. If an offer of this place had been made before the Appeals, then a child would be able to attend Parmiters: but now that place cannot be offered to anyone until the PAN is achieved. At least I think so from my reading of this which of course could be wrong.

I suppose it would be difficult to administer a system preventing removal of children other than those continuing elsewhere within the state system but in this case it would seem that parental choice has effectively removed one place at Parmiters for another family with fewer resources. I am not down on private education but don't feel comfortable with this even for one child's place. What if it were my or your child?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have to agree with you stressed 2.

My daughter go in off the waiting list by the skin of her teeth.

We were notified 5 days before our appeal was to be heard that someone had given up their place.

If it wasn't for the fact that the appeals for Ripon Grammar weren't held until June the place given up would have been subsumed by the two over pan from appeals.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Totally agree with You stressed, it seems totally unfair on the child waiting on spot 1 of the CI list.

Nosey I know, but I would so love to know what those appeals were about!, unheard of usually for any whiff of success on an appeal for Parmiter's, but for 3 to be successful in one year! crikey!