ear piercing

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopeful5

ear piercing

Post by hopeful5 »

My daughter is now old enough to get her ears pierced. We live in North London. Where is a good place to go?
I have looked into it but I am not keen on Claires accessories.
I was thinking of going to Metal morphosis in Selfridges. They do it with a cartridge gun. Has anyone had it done here?
Looking at the internet, officinados recommend having it done using a needle? Has anyone had this method and can tell me where do go?
Many thanks
katel

Post by katel »

I wouldn't reject Claire's. They are very experienced and their training, I understand, is excellent. Most of dd's friends had their ears done there and I've never heard of anyone having any problems.

Or you could try one of the big Department stores - all the House of Frasers do ear piercing.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Both my dd's have had their ears pierced. One using a jeweller and another using Claires. Both had the gun. Neither had problems.

Just use the best quaility earrings. Clean and turn them regularly and you shouldn't have any problems.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

What put me off having my daughter's done at Claire's was that, certainly in the one I know, they do it within the shop in full view of the public. Although it is an exciting event for most girls it can also be extremely painful. I knew that my daughter would not want it to be a spectator sport! People do stand and watch in Claire's, in my experience.
chad

Post by chad »

Off topic posts removed by moderator see PM

Chad
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

If you're planning on having the earlobe pierced a gun will be fine. Needle piercing is only necessary for piercing the cartilege at the top of the ear because if a gun is used it can shatter the cartilege and cause it to fold (much like a rugby player's cauliflower ear!) However as someone with quite a lot of experience with piercing I would recommend taking her to a piercing studio where they are used to piercing all day every day. Contrary to what you may expect in these studios you won't come face to face with lots of men and women with piercings in every part of their body. Far from it - these studios are set up to take you and your daughter into a room where her ears will be pierced in private, rather than in a hectic shop with customers bustling around.
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Ed's mum wrote:What put me off having my daughter's done at Claire's was that, certainly in the one I know, they do it within the shop in full view of the public. Although it is an exciting event for most girls it can also be extremely painful. I knew that my daughter would not want it to be a spectator sport! People do stand and watch in Claire's, in my experience.
Totally agree! I saw a group of girls laughing when a young girl was having her ears pierced and started crying :evil:
hopeful5

Post by hopeful5 »

thankyou for your replies.

I was a bit concerned that having your ears pierced with a gun wasnt to be recommended but I see everyone here thinks its ok
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

I also didn't use Claires for my DD as I didn't want the ear piercing to be in full view of the shop and people passing by outside the shop as well.
mumoffour

Post by mumoffour »

I relented and allowed my daughter to get her ears pierced a couple of weeks ago. Against my better judgement we went to Claire's, because I didn't really know anywhere else. I have to say they were great. No audience, and endlessly patient with us while we were trying to get the dots level!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now