A/AS level results any good news?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Clare

A/AS level results any good news?

Post by Clare »

Has anyone got any good news to share with us?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Well,
I'll go first.....no 1 child got first choice university, actually getting better than predicted grades (joking now about applying late to Oxford !) and no. 2 did way better than we all thought on the AS level front.
What a very stressful, but happy day, am looking forward to a lovely glass of something bubbly tonight, although, it'll have to be early as I've been up since 5.30 waiting on news through the UCAS system which seemed unable to cope.
Anyway, very happy tonight :lol:
LFH
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Excellent news
Congrats - enjoy your evening :D :D :D
Looking for help

Thankyou CM, it is just such a relief :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Congrats LFH. :D
Looking for help

Thanks, Tipsy - hey where have you been -we've been missing your witty repartee (no idea how to spell that :oops: )

LFH
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

...on a sabbatical :lol: but will always drop in to offer my congrats. So is DC actually going to Oxford then?
Looking for help

No, he didnt apply - it's just a little joke because he did so well.
He is going to a top 10 uni, not saying which in case I get recognised from all my other postings :oops:
I have to say that we expected him to get his place, but as time wore on this morning with no news on the UCAS website, I was becoming more and more worried. So now we can relax a little on the older kids front. Not waiting for any GCSE results this year, hurrah.
I honestly think this is far more stressful for the parents than the children themselves. (I say children, but my son will be 19 in a few months, I should try to start thinking about him as an adult, but it is a bit difficult - how on earth can I be old enough to have a 19 year old son :shock: ).
Thanks for dropping by :lol:

LFH
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Well done LFH and offspring.

Our DD also got her first choice and you are quite right, the stress is dreadful on us parents. Am ready for my bed now due to early start on UCAS website. Luckily got on straight away and had the result in front of me through bleary eyes.

3 DSs to get to that stage yet; but if we are as happy with the end result with them as we have been today, it will all be worth it.

ATM
All Too Much
sianyn

Post by sianyn »

Hi, I havn't posted for a long time but thought I would share my news with you and, at the same time, ask for advice from anyone really who may have some pearls of wisdom to throw in my direction
My son who is at an excellent grammar and has always excelled academically (he got a certificate of excellence in Year 10, making him one of the top 12 boys in his year) has received, as feared, appalling results today. Despite our encouragement, cajoling, and anything else we could think of to try to get him motivated, he just switched off after his GCSE's and has completely lost his way.

Luckily, he just scraped enough to be permitted to remain at the school, and he assures me that this has been a real wake-up call for him. I fear he will not get an offer from any of his chosen universities. Should he consider resits, or go with the grades he has, hopefully do well in his A2's and accept an offer from any university which will have him, or should he think about a gap year. It is so confusing and, despite the fact that he admits that it is his own fault, I feel so unhappy for him.

Advice gratefully received :(

Sianyn
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now