Kent Literacy test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

reddebs

Kent Literacy test

Post by reddebs »

I am under the impression that the writing task in the Kent this year is the ssame as previous years and is a creative piece normally a story that is only considered if a review is sort.

A friend of mine is stating that this has now been replaced with a comprehension multiple choice task. Has anyone else heard this or is this another red herring thrown in to add more stress?
Regards
reddebs
red_debs
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I've heard nothing about that either.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Nor have I. Our ( state) school said it was a piece of creative writing /letter etc but then they may have been relying on what has happened in previous years. I'm not clear to what extent, if any , schools are informed about what is going to be tested / changes in format.
sp

Post by sp »

I've no idea but I'd ring Kent Admiisions and get the correct answer straight from the horses mouth as it were. I'm sure at this time of year some silly parents like to start a rumour just to frighten other parents! Either that or no doubt somebody said "Wouldn't it be great if it was a comprehension..." and it went round like |Chinese whispers.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Around June time, I telephoned Kent Education to ask them if the format for the Kent test was the same this year ie. multiple choice, the four tests etc. and they confirmed to me it was exactly the same as last year.