How to apply to Slough schools (Berks) and Burnham (bucks)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rajah99

How do I apply to Slough GS's (Berks) and Burnham (bucks)?

Post by rajah99 »

Hi

I live in Slough and hoping to apply for Slough Grammar schools for my son. Herschel (consortium) and Slough Grammar (non consortium) are the two from the Slough authority I will be placing on the list of preferences.

However, will I also be able to apply to Burnham Grammar? How does that work? If i fill out the CAF for the Slough authority, do I list Burnham as a third preference? Or do I need to separately apply using a CAF from Bucks authority and list Burnham as a first choice?

Also, any ideas as to whether I need to fill in an application form separately for Burnham GS, and whether that test will be sat in my sons slough primary school or whether it will be onsite at Burnham?

any advice appreciated
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Burnham GS will be placed on the same CAF form as the Slough schools. You will need to register for the Bucks test. Last year the deadline for the Bucks registration was 5th Sept which was well before the Burnham GS open evening. I got caught out by this last year and missed the chance for my DD to sit the Burnham test so do check in plenty of time.

My son sat the Burnham tests a few years ago and as we were out of county the tests were sat at Primary school in Wendover on three consecutive Saturdays in November. I am sure people of the forum here will let you know if this has been changed.

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... year7.page?

Note date for registering and Open evenings.
rajah99

Post by rajah99 »

Many thanks for the replies.

Indeed, you need to ring BUCKS CC admissions to register for the 11+ test, and they will send you a pack.

You can then apply for the Burnham GS on your Slough CAF form, same as you fill in for other schools.

And remember, if you want to apply for Slough Grammar, thats a separate registration you need to make with Slough Grammar by sometime this June.
chad

Post by chad »

Most of the info for the Berkshire grammars can be found here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plus-berks.php

including the application dates. :)
guest666

Post by guest666 »

Burnham has made arrangements with Bucks LEA to take (late) registrations for the Bucks 11+ at the Burnham GS Open Evening because of these problems of dates.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now