Results

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Results

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Why is no one posting their DC's GCSE results? We are all keen to celebrate with you! :D
moved

Post by moved »

My adorable pupil got 1A*, 6As and 3Bs. Not bad for a child who was judged as non-academic. A in maths and French (my subjects - phew).
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

Thank you for asking Tipsy! My DS (the one who got a U for his ICT coursework in March and you provided some helpful advice) got A* for his two chemisty modules and biology module, and A for his physics module. Feeling much relieved!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Fantastic Moving, you must be so proud. Will they take French and Maths to A'level?

Huge congratulations to Flamenco's DS who got 12 A* and was two points off 100% in his AS Maths!!! :shock: I'm surprised he had the time to get all these grades and win another prestigious School prize whilst playing a key role in School's sporting teams. You must be so proud Flamenco and far too modest. If my son could achieve half of what your son has done I wouldn't be able to shut up. Thankfully this will not be the case so rest easy EPE! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Jiff, he is clearly very talented and it just goes to show that this ICT teaching was seriously flawed - BIG CONGRATS! :D
catcool

results

Post by catcool »

My DD got 11 A*'s and 2 A's , plus an A at AS level Maths , taken a year early .
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my son did very well and I am proud of him
magwich2

results

Post by magwich2 »

DD got 11 a* + 1 a + 1b (latin) and obviously did well but is now looking forward to 6th form where, hopefully, the work will be less formulaic and boring. It will also be nice to have the odd question posed where the answer is NOT "global warming"!!!
I do think that the gcse exams are the worst possible combination of hard work without any intellectual content or satisfaction. It is a bit like asking someone to memorise 50 pages of the telephone directory - nasty and difficult but without any point or academic interest.
The one I feel really sorry for is DD2 who can see the next 4 turgid stultifying years spread before her with no respite unless "call me dave" decides to call a spade a spade and bring back "O"levels (unlikely on present form!!!!).
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Well done to your DD :D
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Huge congratulations to Flamenco's DS who got 12 A* and was two points off 100% in his AS Maths!!! :shock: I'm surprised he had the time to get all these grades and win another prestigious School prize whilst playing a key role in School's sporting teams. You must be so proud Flamenco and far too modest. If my son could achieve half of what your son has done I wouldn't be able to shut up. Thankfully this will not be the case so rest easy EPE! :lol:
Thank you Tipsy, you’re far too kind and modest yourself. With your own DS’s intellect, he should be performing twice, not half, the performance of Junior Flamenco.

Congratulations to all parents and their offspring for a super GCSE/Partial AS-Level Maths performance! See, you don’t have to pay through your noses to get a string of A* grades. There are some super state schools around, both GS and comprehensive alike. Therefore, no need to ask for a 2-grade head start to enter university.

Tipsy, I’m particularly proud of DS and his school for achieving such phenomenal grades. Remember, this coming at a time when the dreaded Swine Flu first hit the school big time and sent the whole school into turmoil. Boys had to miss lessons and revisions in those vital weeks; not only were they taking the harder IGCSE’s in core subjects e.g. all the Sciences and Maths. etc. but also to take the exams under strictly controlled conditions throughout.

But surely, if they can win the Battle of Waterloo, they’re not going to let some ‘pig bugs’ derail them? :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now