Writing on question paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bexley Mum 2

Writing on question paper

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Anyone know if it's OK to mark the question paper itself? My son likes to draw links in the VR alphabet questions or eliminate options on the NVR paper. I'm sure I read somewhere that somebody's child got told not to do this and it threw them a bit, but I can't remember which area they were in.

Anybody got any thoughts?
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Hi

I would be surprised if they can't mark the question paper. Otherwise how can they mark questions that they want to go back to let alone eliminate answers etc. My DS will be in difficulty if they can't and it will completely throw him.

There is nothing about this on the instructions to the published Nfer papers.

Lets hope someone comes along who knows for sure.

Twinkle
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

Ditto. My daughter marks the question paper, only with a light pencil, to eliminate answers in NVR. She also marks the other papers if it aids her working out. Surely this isn't a problem? I hope not.
Alfie
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I hope I haven't alarmed anyone. I'm sure it won't be a problem - I'm just looking for things to fret about!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

You might have read the info on the Gloucestershire section. Our children are not allowed to mark the Q paper. As you rightly point out it is a ridiculous situation.

I believe they are allowed to write on it in Bucks because I am almost sure Patricia allows it and I had been encouraging my DS1 to do his working out on the paper last year. Thankfully whilst back reading some of the posts I found out in time to change his way of working. You could try doing this on your own sections.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I asked a pupil who took the kent test last year and she said that they were allowed to write on the question paper.

I am going to doubl;e check with a friend at a different school as well just to make sure.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Yoyo, I do so hope this is allowed. I can't understand why they would want to make it any harder for the kids than it already is. However, when my eldest did the tests 3 years ago in Bexley and Kent she was told in both that she could NOT mark the papers in any way.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I;ve been telling my pupils to use scrap paper, just in case, but it would be so much better to use the actual test paper.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I have just gone through my e-mails from last year

This is the reply I received from KCC

Thank you for your email
Children are asked not to write on the question papers and are provided with scrap paper

:(
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Yoyo - thanks very much for finding that out. I'll make sure my son knows and we might practice writing out the alphabet on scrap paper quickly!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now