Test conditions - Trial

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cie72

Test conditions - Trial

Post by cie72 »

Does anyone know if there are places you can go pre test and practice in exam conditions, to get a feel of what it will be like on the day for the children?

Does anyone have any worries or is it just me? Would love to meet other parents for advice.

Do you think it's too late for one to one tutoring?

Really worried about my daughter, had been doing really well but now seems to be going a little astray. Don't know if doing the right thing by her, is this just pre test nerves as it will soon be on us?

Also will sound really thick but received application form for secondary school in post today? Can i only put down the CSSE school where she will be sitting the test? Is there a tactical way of doing this?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks

Cie

PS As you can probably guess my first child to sit 11+ and very stressed by it all, (me not child) minefield springs to mind !!!!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Sorry , can;t answer your queries but if it's any consolation almost every one seems to go a little astray as the test looms
essex-mum18

Re: Test conditions - Trial

Post by essex-mum18 »

cie72 wrote:Does anyone know if there are places you can go pre test and practice in exam conditions, to get a feel of what it will be like on the day for the children?

Does anyone have any worries or is it just me? Would love to meet other parents for advice.

Do you think it's too late for one to one tutoring?

Really worried about my daughter, had been doing really well but now seems to be going a little astray. Don't know if doing the right thing by her, is this just pre test nerves as it will soon be on us?

Also will sound really thick but received application form for secondary school in post today? Can i only put down the CSSE school where she will be sitting the test? Is there a tactical way of doing this?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks

Cie

PS As you can probably guess my first child to sit 11+ and very stressed by it all, (me not child) minefield springs to mind !!!!!

Hi Cie

Sorry, I do not know any place for pre exam trial in Essex. However, there are some links from this site that you may find useful to read. Thank you for the contributions from the other posters for this site.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ht=#107949

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=11144

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=11152

Regarding the application form for secondary schools, please also read from the csse site. It is always advised that you should list your chosen schools in your true order of preference.

www.csse.org.uk

Good luck for the 11+ exam.

Best wishes
Essex-mum18
moved

Post by moved »

Hi Cie

It is not too late for one to one tuition. I have a couple each year who start this term.

Put your schools in order of preference. There are no tactics required. The schools do not know where you put them on the form.

Your daughter can sit the test in the school that you think she will be most comfortable as long as it educates girls. We chose our nearest school to avoid traffic problems.

Good luck
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: Test conditions - Trial

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

[quote="cie72"]Does anyone know if there are places you can go pre test and practice in exam conditions, to get a feel of what it will be like on the day for the children?

We were wondering the same thing as our DD is getting a little stressed now and has pre-test nerves before doing the maths exam at home. Luckily her tutor has just started to do the exams with other children at her home to get them used to it. Its not the same though is it!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now