Application forms

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarymary

Application forms

Post by scarymary »

Can anyone tell me what questions there are on the application form for Parkstone? I was under the impression it was just name, address etc, but looking at some posts on other threads, it seems things like clubs attended and music grades are required. Any info would be much appreciated!
scarymary

Post by scarymary »

Well I'll be filling the application form out over the weekend probably, and - as other forum users have pointed out elsewhere on the forum - it's all very straightforward.
However, I'd be interested to know what previous applicants have put for the question asking for reasons why you are applying to this school. There is only a space for a couple of lines of reply, but it also says you can continue on a separate sheet if necessary!
How much info do I need to put in here? Do I list interests, academic ability, or what the school can offer? And will this be important if we end up in appeal situation? Help!
paula

Post by paula »

Can't really remember accurately but seem to remember only putting academic ability or something similar and single sex school. Situation somewhat easier for me as DD was at a Poole Middle School at the time and so we were fairly confident of not needing to go to appeal etc. Having previously been to appeal I don't think what you put on the app form is relevent as you will have to create and fill in other forms, evidence etc for the appeal.
Good luck to you and your daughter. My DD started there yesterday and loved it. Hope that continues for the next 6 years. :D
scarymary

Post by scarymary »

Thanks Paula - much appreciated! :D