Preperation for Herschel and Langley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum535

Preperation for Herschel and Langley

Post by mum535 »

My D is preparing for 11 plus exam. We are not sure for which school she is going. We will visit the schools on open evenings then we will decide. If someone can please guide us, that which papers she should prepare. She is already doing NFER verbal and non verbal reasoning with multiple choice. Any other suggestions would be really appriciated. Thankz
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Mum535

Welcome to the forum...

Both the slough consortium (Langley, Herschel & St Bernards) and Slough Grammar use an exam set by NFER - Multiple choice -

The consortium only have VR & NVR.... Slough Grammar has 3 papers...as they also have the 'Maths' paper

Have a look on the '11plus advice' on the home page(left hand side column)

This states:

Quote:
If the board is NFER, then IPS & AFN provide good preparation books, as do the NFER papers themselves.

There are only 4 sets of NFER paper so these are good for nearer the time to see how the timing is going, but it is possible to use them in the beginning to see where there may be gaps in knowledge (espec Maths)

I believe this site also has papers that are very similiar to NFER and also offer some CD's (it can take the monotony out of aways doing the paper practice). Give them a ring they are always willing to advise.

There are also some good free resources....word lists etc....have a look at these...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/revisi ... wnload.php

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/revisi ... wnload.php

hope that helps...
mum535

Post by mum535 »

Thank you very much for your well explained answer chad.
I really appreciate it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now