music exam CD's

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

music exam CD's

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I'm looking to purchase Grade 1,2 & 3 exam CD for the clarinet and was wondering where I can get a second-hand copy from. I bought the "part only" books the other day but I now realise I need the CD. Does anyone have one that they wish to sell or know where I can get cheap second-hand copies? Thanks :)
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

I once made the same mistake. Eventually found a CD on an internet auction site, or was it an internet bookseller, but I don't think they appear that regularly, strangely enough.

By the way, who's learning the clarinet?
Loopy
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Tried the auction site but nothing. The problem we have is that DS2 is learning at home and not school and he will get on better if he knows what the piece sounds like. I have tried to play it on the piano but I am rubbish at note length, speed etc. We should find a teacher by November - don't ask(!) - but until then I don't want him developing bad habits. The reason I have the 3 grades is because the teacher that saw him the other day said he was close to Grade 3 level already :shock: but I wanted to buy 1 and 2 to be sure.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

If he only needs the cd to 'hear' the music, and you really cannot locate one anywhere try looking on youtube, I bet you find the piece of music you want being played by someone else (usually youngsters too).
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

SOrry, didn't know that particular site was censored.

OK try looking on You Bute.
solimum

Post by solimum »

Why not advertise/ask around for a local older pupil of a higher standard who could play them to you/ make a recording to at least get you/DS2 started. Although it sounds a little ambitious to try and get to grips with presumably nine pieces at once! Many beginning wind players do bypass Grades 1 & 2 but I would perhaps get him a book of well-known folk tunes/pop songs or similar arranged for the clarinet instead so that you at least know what they're supposed to sound like rather than ploughing through all the exam pieces - teachers usually use their own favourite tutor books to develop techniques before / between working on exam material, and a new teacher might prefer that your son is more fluent at sight reading note lengths of new simpler pieces himself than simply being able to copy a recording
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Ok, so I am really grateful someone has posted their songs on youbute, BUT why oh why would you stick yourself playing Grade 1 clarinet on the web? :? :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

'tis a funny old world :shock: :lol: :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I showed my other son the flute pieces that were on youtube and he said, "He's doing it wrong and I'm doing it right!" :roll:
Hairless

Post by Hairless »

Tipsy, I have books & CD for G1,2 & 3 that I was going to advertise on auction site. I am at work now but will post again if you are interested, when at home and has some sleep!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now