Type R

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bucksguy

Type R

Post by Bucksguy »

Hello all,

This is my first posting so I hope this has been placed in the right section and is O.K.

My son has been working through the type R questions from the IPS practice paper 6 and has raised an issue for question 48.

The first line's words are CHEEKY (ENACT) PLANT
The subsequent words are VIDEO (_____) SPIRE

My question is around the first words as CHEEKY has 6 letters and VIDEO only has 5 letters. Therefore should the V be directly under the C or under the H, as above? Is there any particular rule with regards to the words with differing amounts of letters?

Thanks
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

it doesn;t matter if they are different lengths, just count the first letter as 1, second as 2 etc

Looking at the example the E in enact comes from either the 3rd or 4th letter of the first word (cheeky),

so the first letter of the mystery word will be either D or E ,

going on to the second letter the N in enact comes from the 4th letter in the second word (plant)

so second letter in ystery word will be R (from spiRe)

using teh multiple choice naswers you can noe see if this gives you any clues

as I went on i got ERIV or DRIV..so I assume answer will be Drive.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Bucksguy

Firstly welcome to the forum.

The vast majority start at the beginning. If a problem rises [rarely] the child can use the answer sheet for help.

CHEEKY (ENACT) PLANT
VIDEO (_____) SPIRE

I call these where does the letter come from. I do not waste time putting numbers on the top of the words.

Where does E come from, it comes from 3rd and 4 th of the word on the left, therefore the 3rd and 4th from the word below on the left are D and E, put them on top of each other , as we do not know which letter we want at moment.

Where does the leter N come from, it comes from the 4th on the right, making the letter R

Where does the letter A come from, it comes from 3rd on the right, making I

Etc Etc

DRIVE
E

I expect 100% in these questions as all the information is there. They can be polished off pretty quickly too.

Patricia
Bucksguy

Post by Bucksguy »

Thanks all,

It now makes sense....

:lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now