Silbilngs,previous appeal experiences

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Claire

Silbilngs,previous appeal experiences

Post by Claire »

I am appealing for my daughter to get a grammar school place,as she missed qualifying for one with a VRTS of 120.
We are fully supported by her school, with a 1,1 and she is expected to get level 5's etc.But i also want to mention that her sister, now in year 10 at a grammar school, was in a similar position to her, in that she just missed qualifying with a VRTS of 119, but we won on appeal and she is now doing very well at grammar school (as is her twin brother who got 123!). I feel that they can hardly refuse her a place when she got 120 and her sister got 119, but is it really that simple?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I know it's tempting to mention your elder daughter but I wouldn't.

Just focus on the academic evidence for the daughter you are appealing for.

The 11+ had three papers when your other children took it so it is a different situation.

WIth a 1:1 and a score close to 120 and strong support you should be OK.

Presumably the order of suitability backs up the 1:1 with other children below your daughter achieving the 121?

Is the other score near to 121? If not is there a good reason why? The panel may wonder otherwise which of the scores best represnts your daughter's ability.

GOOD LUCK - do let us know hoe you get on.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Claire

Each case is considered entirely on its own merits, and how well a sibling performed several years ago will not be considered relevant.

Regards
Etienne
Claire

siblings

Post by Claire »

Thanks for your comments.Just to fill in the gaps,my daughter was ranked 13th out of 31, 2 ranked above her didn't pass and 2 ranked below her did.She has a higher score than the 2 ranked above her that didn't pass either. She only got 116 in the first paper,with no particular explanation other than being a tearful nervous wreck! which was out of character.There are 7 children appealing from our school, 3 scored 120,3 scored 119 and 1 scored 118.
Will let you know!
Guest55 wrote:I know it's tempting to mention your elder daughter but I wouldn't.

Just focus on the academic evidence for the daughter you are appealing for.

The 11+ had three papers when your other children took it so it is a different situation.

WIth a 1:1 and a score close to 120 and strong support you should be OK.

Presumably the order of suitability backs up the 1:1 with other children below your daughter achieving the 121?

Is the other score near to 121? If not is there a good reason why? The panel may wonder otherwise which of the scores best represnts your daughter's ability.

GOOD LUCK - do let us know hoe you get on.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now