Don't you just hate it when ...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Don't you just hate it when ...

Post by Sally-Anne »

... your kids are asked to do one of those "fly on the wall" bits of homework? The ones where you have a sneaking suspicion that the teacher is thoroughly looking forward to finding out what goes on at home?

What did you do at the weekend? ...

List all the pieces of electrical equipment in your house ...

Write down everything you ate yesterday ...

DS1 has just completed the last one at school, and the teacher is now convinced that he lives on a permanent diet of ice-lollies, Haribos, pizza and bread. He wrote that he thought his diet was "terrible", and the teacher wrote "I agree!!". :(

What happened to all the fresh fruit, the smoothies and the lovingly home-cooked healthy meals? Where did the Haribos sneak in?

He tells me it is all "a bit of banter" with the teacher. :roll:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Out of the mouths of babes :lol: :lol:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

DS2 had to keep a food diary for a week last year when he was doing food tech. We had 5 days of very balanced, healthy food, then Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday was pretty much burgers, chips, fried breakfast, more burgers, more chips, chinese takeaway...etc. What the diary omitted to say was that over the weekend he was away on a rugby tour and his dad let him eat pretty anything he wanted. I can't tell you how much I itched to add a postscript to that homework explaining that I had no control over the weekend. Everytime I've seen his food tech teacher since I feel I've got a "bad mum" sign over my head....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

LOL

reminds me of when DS was at junior school and the homework was to write and A-Z of body parts, sent home I suspect with some chuckling from the teacher and a request to find some obscure ones.

DS was about 8 and sat there with Gray's Anatomy and came up with some crackers, -

should you ever need to know... X=Xiphisternum Y=yolk sac, Z=Zygoma oh and I = Islets of Langerhans.

herman
xx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Looking for help wrote:Out of the mouths of babes :lol: :lol:
Cheek! :lol:

I'll have you know that supper tonight was turkey breasts cooked in a little butter, with fresh lemon sauce; broccoli; new potatoes; yoghurt and fresh fruit.

(Adjusts halo and stalks off to haunt another part of the Forum. :lol: )
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Miss yoyo in year 3 came home with " What is under your feet"

She is a thorough child and went in with a cross section drawing down to the core of the Earth.

apparently they had just wanted something along the lines of " fluffy blue carpet" or "wooden floorboards" for a poem..
Looking for help

Sally-Anne wrote:
Looking for help wrote:Out of the mouths of babes :lol: :lol:
Cheek! :lol:

I'll have you know that supper tonight was turkey breasts cooked in a little butter, with fresh lemon sauce; broccoli; new potatoes; yoghurt and fresh fruit.

(Adjusts halo and stalks off to haunt another part of the Forum. :lol: )
:oops: Oh sorry Sally Anne, I wasn't implying you didn't cook well balanced meals for a second, only laughing at no matter what we do our children can always make us feel as if we are not as good as we should be :lol:
chad

Post by chad »

In the chad household it was......sausages, new potatoes and baked beans. Too tired to have a discussion on the merits of eating the fresh veg on your plate.... therefore went for the easy option that elicited no groans and 2 very clean plates.
DH hates any veg but carrots.... DS hates carrots but will eat sweetcorn, peas & broccoli.... :evil:
just wanted something along the lines of " fluffy blue carpet"
Lol!!!!!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Looking for help wrote: :oops: Oh sorry Sally Anne, I wasn't implying you didn't cook well balanced meals for a second, only laughing at no matter what we do our children can always make us feel as if we are not as good as we should be :lol:
I didn't take it that way at all LFH - I burst out laughing! DS2 insisted on knowing what was so funny.

He is now under strict instructions not to do the same as big bruv. If needs be, he knows that he must lie fulsomely!
Looking for help

That's ok...just didn't want to be upsetting anyone.
My youngest has to go round telling everyone and anyone how old I am.
Now at his new school when introducing himself as they do to their form tutors etc he says all his family's names and ages :shock: He doesn't see its ok to say brother **** aged 18, sister **** aged 17, dog *** aged 4 and a half etc and leave out Mum and Dad's ages, no matter how often I tell him :roll: