Fort Pitt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MedwayMumof1

Fort Pitt

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

Can anybody give me any info (good/bad) regarding Fort Pitt. It wasn't originally on our 'hit list' but we are going to take a look as their only open 'evening' is next week.
Are they deemed in the 'super-selective' category?

It is all coming round far too quickly and it surprises me that there aren't more topics being discussed on here!

Any advice would be great, thanks.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi Medwaymum of 1,

My DD is in year 8 in Fort Pitt, and I can only praise praise praise the school, I have nothing negative to say!!

Year 7 was really a breeze for her, the work was challenging enough without being silly, the homework just the right amount, the clubs endless (only if you want to join of course), and DD has made loads of friends whom all seem lovely. And to top it all, her end of year report came home with all her levels which were fantastic.

Good luck with your choices. :)
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

I know of a girl that goes and loves it, and I also know of a special needs girl that goes and has been really well supported. We are going to take a look next week also, It can't hurt!

It seems so early, especially as they won't have sat the test then. Don't want to get hopes up too much.
MedwayMumof1

Fort Pitt

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

Thanks for your very quick response, Medwaymum.

It is good too have feedback and I agree with Jenhug that it is early but as it is the only evening they are holding, I think it is worth a look. Like you, Jenhug, I don't want to get my daughter's hopes up ahead of the test but I want her to be able to make a decision having seen what all the schools have to offer.

Anyway will add my comments following the open evening next week.

Thanks again

Medwaymumof1
paulap

Post by paulap »

We're going along on Thursday too. I've also registered DD for the taster morning at RGS on 3rd Oct.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

DD will be showing parents around on Thursday evening, they have been told to expect a big turnout as the test has not been sat yet hence no results....
jdwarwick

Fort Pitt

Post by jdwarwick »

They are having their evening early to ensure they cover both Medway and Kent since they take girls from both areas. Also they prefer to have their evening when it's a bit lighter and doesn't clash with other schools as is happening in November. Their Open Days, which they say are far more important in judging a school, are in November.
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

Do they take girls that pass Kent 11+ but not Medway or do the Kent pupils still have to pass Medway tests too?

Its such a confusing time!
jdwarwick

Fort Pitt

Post by jdwarwick »

No grammar school in Medway takes someone who fails the Medway test - so it doesn't matter if your DD passes the Kent one, she wouldn't get in. However you could go to appeal to show she had passed a selective test and see what happens. The same is true in Kent grammars, if you fail the Kent test but pass Medway - again you wouldn't get in...complicated I know.
jenhug

Post by jenhug »

Thankyou, as I say, its a complicated and confusing time! Driving me to distraction!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now