GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kent Mum

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Post by Kent Mum »

Just wanted to say Good Luck to all the children in Kent sitting the 11+ today and tomorrow..... and to send a cyber hug to all fellow parents trying not to think too hard about how they're getting on!!!!!!
kentmum1

GOOD LUCK!!!

Post by kentmum1 »

Thanks for the Good Luck message. We all need it!!! Felt like my son was undergoing an operation today. However, he has at least come out happy and sure he has done okay so far. Thankfully all the familiar sections were there in the verbal but there was a new one in the non-verbal but he felt he understood. it Just got to get past the maths tomorrow! What a pain we all have to wait so long for the results!
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

One day down- one to go!
I was more nervous than my son was this morning!
He seems reasonably confident- but says quite a few kids in his year siad they'd guessed. One poor lad was stressing during the VR and during NVR burst into tears and was taken out of the hall. He wasn't in school for the rest of the day. Aparently he's the kid they all expected to sail through. Maybe the pressure was just too much.
You can never tell what will happen on the day, I suppose!

Anyhow- good luck everyone for tomorrow!

Post by Guest »

My daughter also sat the Kent VR and NVR tests yesterday. She thought it was much more difficult than she had experienced on any of the NFER papers she has worked through. She usually gets 90% plus on all papers at home but was not confident yesterday. She said the format was different. My eldest daughter took it two years ago and thankfully passed. She equated the level of difficulty two years ago to a "C" paper of the NFER range (A-D). My youngest thought yesterday's papers were above level D. We can only hope and pray. Good luck to all for today!

Post by Guest »

My dd and my neice both did the VR and NVR yesterday, and they both said that they were harder than the ones they had practiced. As far as I know only one girl in their class managed to finish without guessing any - and my dd has always managed to finish in practice. Oh well.......!

I saw them briefly this lunchtime and they both said the maths was easier than they expected (they both finished) and they both wrote stories about an egg!
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

I wonder if that was the same story my son opted for! He told me he wrote about a dragon's egg!!!!!

He was ok and fairly confident about VR and NVR yesterday but not happy with his performance in the Maths paper today. I do feel for them!

Anyhow- Just want to say......

WELL DONE
to all the children who worked so hard, no matter how you feel you did, no matter what the outcome- you're all stars!

Post by Guest »

The regional section in this website has confused me (it's 2 yrs out of date for Kent anyway). Is the writing task just creative writing, or is there a short comprehension bit as well? I thought the former but the write up on the 2005 exams seemed to imply the latter.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

I think that the examiners are going to have a lot of stories about eggs to read through, both my son and a couple of his friends also wrote a story about an egg.
The regional section in this website has confused me (it's 2 yrs out of date for Kent anyway). Is the writing task just creative writing, or is there a short comprehension bit as well? I thought the former but the write up on the 2005 exams seemed to imply the latter.
The writing task is just writing a story. They have a choice of a few sentences to choose from and it seems that they can choose an essay rather than a story, I think my son said that one of the choices yesterday was about the 2012 olympics. And then the english paper is only looked at on borderline cases. For the time being, there is definitely no comprehension on the Kent test.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

My son said that the VR and non VR were tricky, but he found the maths and piece of writing much better yesterday. He said you could write about an egg or 2012 Olympics, his choice began with an open door? Well there is nothing more we can do now but wait until 1st March for our letters. We can all feel proud that we did the best to help our chidren and they have done their best, that's all we can ask of them. Fingers crossed!!

Post by Guest »

I think the examiners will regret the egg topic - bearing in mind that I suspect about 80% of the candidates will have seen Eragon in the last few weeks! My daughter wrote about a phoenix egg - I haven't dared ask her how she spelled phoenix!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now