Parking near Gravesend GS tomorrow, any ideas?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Irene+

Parking near Gravesend GS tomorrow, any ideas?

Post by Irene+ »

Is there any parking space near Gravesend GS?
Please help! I've never been in Gravesend :?

And good luck to all sitting Kent Test tomorrow!
nicholas

Post by nicholas »

Are you the same Irene+ looking for parking at QE in Barnet Open Day yesterday?
You are travelling far from Ealing! I don't know the answer to your question but good luck with all the school exams your DC is taking. You are certainly casting your nets wide. Seems such a tough job choosing the schools and then sitting the exams.

Good luck to all in Kent sitting the test as well.
Nicholas
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

nicholas wrote:Are you the same Irene+ looking for parking at QE in Barnet Open Day yesterday?
You are travelling far from Ealing! I don't know the answer to your question but good luck with all the school exams your DC is taking. You are certainly casting your nets wide. Seems such a tough job choosing the schools and then sitting the exams.

Good luck to all in Kent sitting the test as well.
Yes, me again :D
nicholas

Post by nicholas »

If you don't mind me asking, where do you plan to live if your son gets into QE or Gravesend? Is it your plan to get into a school first, then move to be near it? We are doing ours the other way around. To move into catchment of as many good schools as possible but it is very daunting. Maybe yours is a better way.
Nicholas
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

nicholas wrote:If you don't mind me asking, where do you plan to live if your son gets into QE or Gravesend? Is it your plan to get into a school first, then move to be near it? We are doing ours the other way around. To move into catchment of as many good schools as possible but it is very daunting. Maybe yours is a better way.
If DS gets into QE then we will move to Barnet. If he gets into Judd or Skinners (Kent) - we will move to Tonbridge. The same with Bexley grammar schools.
We are going to try Langley, Slough and Tiffin as well.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Have you not had any paperwork regarding the test to be taken tomorrow? Does it say whether there is parking on site?

If not, the nearest public car parks are near the Prom, called Milton Place and Ordnance Road, but are a good 15 mins walk away. There is parking on the streets near the school but be aware that on a saturday the streets are crammed and that some streets are residents permit only.

Be prepared to leave PLENTY of time to travel and then park/walk. A trial run would have been a good idea but probably a bit late now! :)
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

inkypinkyponky wrote:Have you not had any paperwork regarding the test to be taken tomorrow? Does it say whether there is parking on site?

If not, the nearest public car parks are near the Prom, called Milton Place and Ordnance Road, but are a good 15 mins walk away. There is parking on the streets near the school but be aware that on a saturday the streets are crammed and that some streets are residents permit only.

Be prepared to leave PLENTY of time to travel and then park/walk. A trial run would have been a good idea but probably a bit late now! :)
Thanks for pointing to the car part, will drop our car there ... if we have time : )