How did the Nonsuch test go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi,

DD sat the Nonsuch test today. Said that it was harder then the Sutton Mock. Left a few questions out in both NVR and VR because the time ran out.

Also the NVR was done in sections. Something like 12 minutes for each of the 4 sections, where the first 3 minutes are for the explanations and sample questions (the actual details might be different, but this is the idea). I didn't know they do that. I find that this might be unfair, it shouldn't be too difficult to look ahead when you shouldn't, if you are cheeky or just curious.

How did your DDs get on?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Reminder: Do not discuss specifics of any tests.... remember some students will not have taken the test yet due to illness etc.
Animis opibusque parati
oldmandad

Post by oldmandad »

My DD also left a few questions out. Don't worry too much.

It's my belief that this was a new format for Nonsuch test. All the girls were in the same boat and didn't know what to expect with the format of the test.
santamad

Post by santamad »

Yes, same here. NVR seemed a toughie with the new format. My DD eventually told me to stop asking her to explain it and I still didn't understand! Anyway, they were all in the same boat - though DD said the girl next to her finished.

Guess we'll know soon enough... :?
richmond

Post by richmond »

Hi

DD1 finished with plenty of time, but she is always very fast and not necessarily accurate! She thought VR harder than NVR and that was the overall opinion of her tutoring class yesterday. She did not mention format being any different. Overall she seems pleased that she took the test as it has given her more confidence.

Richmond
Stressypants

Post by Stressypants »

Strange that. My DD thought the VR was very straight forward with only a couple of questions she was unsure of and she normally does better at NVR. When I asked her what mark she thought she would get she told me that her tutor had told her that "you are not the best judge" but when pushed she said she thinks she will get 90-95%. Let's hope she's right! The NVR was a different matter. She thought it the hardest she had come across and only just managed to complete it. I think the new format would have 'thrown' quite a lot of the girls but as someone else has commented at least they were 'all in the same boat'. Keeping fingers and toes crossed as she needs to do extremely well as we are out of the catchment area.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now