Kent Results - 19th or 20 Oct?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsMumof2

Kent Results - 19th or 20 Oct?

Post by MrsMumof2 »

Hi All

Please could anyone clarify whether we get the result by email after 4pm on Monday 19 October or by post on Tuesday 20 October? Last year we had to wait for the postman (even though I registered online) but I have seen several references to an email result on the Monday.

Many thanks :D
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

You should get the result (just pass or fail) by email on the Monday after 4pm. Then on the Tuesday morning you will get a letter by post with pass or fail in it. And then your school will have the marks, which they can give you.

In fact your school will have had the marks for 10 days by then and some of them do "leak" the results to parents in advance, especially if their school is on half term in the official results week.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Last year we got our result by email on the Monday about 4pm. But that was just whether it was pass or fail, I got the scores from the primary school the following day.
MrsMumof2

Post by MrsMumof2 »

I think we were supposed to get our results last year by email, but definitely didn't. I can remember chewing my nails all day at work until I got home to find the letter. Don't wish to repeat that experience ........ :shock:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Is that definite about the scores not being on the letter? I would need to know in order to decide which school to go for? One school allocates in rank order and a standard pass would probably not be good enough to gain entry, the other school just needs a pass.

Can anyone confirm this?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Email came around 4.45 ish on the first day, the post brought the result the next day.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

No scores are on the letter/email - you need to get these from your child's school or the LEA.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Thanks Medwaymum.

How hard would it be to give us the info by email/letter? :roll:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I really don't know why they can't put the scores on the letter...I've always wondered that! :?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Tracy - when DS2 passed the Kent test a couple of years ago, I had to ring up his primary HT who read his scores out to me over the phone. I never actually received written confirmation of these.