Medway results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MedwayMumof1

Medway results

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

As Medway have now gone down the online route for the Medway test applications wouldn't it have been nice if the results were available electronically? (as per the Kent procedure for those who used the online registration) - in this day and age, I do feel that is a bit archaic to have to wait for the post. I know it is a while off but already I will be ready to pounce on the poor postman on results day!!

Any thoughts or information to the contrary?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I agree! When registering online we were asked what method of communication we would prefer. I chose email, assuming results would be by email however somebody has posted on here that they spoke to Admissions who advised that results would be by post only....hmmm :?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

An excellent idea
my post doesn;t come until about 2 o clock..

I was a nervous wreck , so the head teacher let me come home to get the results. Drove 8 miles only to find I had left my house keys at school. The envelope was sitting on the mat taunting me!

E-mail would have been SO much better
paulap

Post by paulap »

Agree it would be much easier if you could get the results on-line, especially if the threatened postal strikes go ahead. I'm a nervous wreck now so God knows what I'll be like by then. :shock:
MedwayMumof1

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

I think that Medway Council ought to consider a contingency arrangement in the event that there is a postal strike that affects distribution of results.

Timings are key, especially if a review is required (any review requests have to be submitted by 6th November), therefore a delay in actually receiving the test results would be a real hindrance.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

2 years ago there was a postal strike whent he North Yorks results were due, the LEA put plan B into action! All kids OOC or at schools OOC picked up their results from the LEA and all IC kids got given envelopes at school. the communicatuions worked well - I got an e-mail and a voice mail message telling me of the change of plan
MedwayMumof1

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

That sounds like exactly what would need to happen Hermanmunster, let's hope that Medway are geared up and ready for it if the need arises!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now