Question

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Robyn

Question

Post by Robyn »

Hi,

Have just come across a question that requires my son to know the size order of boats can anyone help starting with the smaljavascript:emoticon(':oops:')lest.
Cheers!

Post by Guest »

What are the options?
Robyn

re:Questions

Post by Robyn »

Hi,

The options are :Kayak, Canoe,Dingy,Frigate,Yacht,Submarine,liner,Barge
Aircraft carrier, ship.

I'm not a sailor but ...

Post by Guest »

OK, for what it's worth my guess (largest to smallest) is as follows:

Aircraft Carrier
Liner
Ship
Frigate
Submarine
Yacht
Canoe
Dingy
Kayak

Not too sure about the bottom three. We need to send out an SOS to some sailors to come to our assistance.

Post by Guest »

You have just made the list up, it does not exist on any VR paper in publication today. Or am I wrong??

Post by Guest »

Really weird question. Is a ten/eleven year old supposed to know this?
Robyn

Re question

Post by Robyn »

Hello,

No I have not made this question up there seems to be several questions where you might get e.g airline carrier is to canoe as frigate is to kayake.
Robyn

Re Question

Post by Robyn »

It really annoys me when you get a question like put these words into groups e.g Lacrose well unless you are in a private school and have a chance of playing this sport the average working class child would not have a clue !!!

Post by Guest »

Well, these exams are supposed to test the children IQ independently from acquired knowledge, but some questions are really testing their cultural background.

Post by Guest »

May be that tells you about some of the selective schools that are around these days - particularly the independent ones who can select on whatever basis they like.