Just one day to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rash

Just one day to go

Post by Rash »

Hi all,

I was sitting down thinking to myself that where has the time gone? it only seems yesterday when I was going through the same thing with my DS and now he is in year 10. Second time with DD wasn't so lucky and had to take the 12+ route.
Now number 3 and I am nervous, I just want it to be all over so I can start to breathe again. This whole 11+ thing seems to take over your life. If you don't do anything about it then you still feel that you are letting your DCs down.
Anyway, good luck to all of us for tomorrow and the week after. The stress, anxiety and nervousness it is all worth it in the end :wink:
Best wishes

Rash
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Rash

Generally its the parents that are more anxious than the children. I know I was.

I have now given all my children their pep talk,, I know you can do it, just keep to the rules, keep on working to the very end, ignore other children that put their pencils down with 15 minutes to go etc etc. I walk out the door repeating, you can do it, you can do it....

I suggest, if you are not working tomorrow, meet up with some friends have a coffee and a cream cake and take your mind off it.

I also tell my children that their mum/dad will cook them their very favourite meal for tea [ but not pasta until after the second test!]

Good Luck to you and your child [ and of course to all the children taking the test]

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good grief Rash - I had no idea that there was a No. 3 waiting in the wings! :lol:

Very good luck indeed - and to all the children taking the test tomorrow and next week.

Sally-Anne
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Cream cake Patricia???!!!!! You mean there are parents out there who can actually keep food down while their children are doing the tests?!
Rash

Post by Rash »

Thank you both,
Patricia, thank you for the reminder. I almost forgot :roll: I agree that it is very important to give your DCs that extra boost by making them believe in themselves and put your own worries to a side for the moment. I have carefully read your reply and will work on it.
Sally-Anne, another 7 years and I will be back here with number 4 :lol: no more surprises after that, promise (unless) :wink:
Take care
Rash
Rash

Post by Rash »

Bexley Mum 2,

Its a sweet idea don't you think? any accuse for a cream cake, yum yum :)
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Rash - Oh I just couldn't, not while my stomach was churning with anxiety!! One week since DS finished tests and 2 weeks til result day and I'm still not eating properly!
patricia

Post by patricia »

There are some who comfort eat, there are some who just cannot put anything in their mouth....

I think, I am the comfort eater :oops:

P
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

me too Patricia!
Tree

Post by Tree »

good luck to all entrants and parents just trying to work towards bedtime with not much luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now