11+ Appeal - Bucks

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Remi

11+ Appeal - Bucks

Post by Remi »

My daughter recently took the 11+ and got marks of 119 and 120. We went through to the appeal panel and with strong support and from our Head Teacher and a few disruptions from other pupils within the test.
I got a letter yesterday saying the appeal was unsucceessful.
My daughter is not the top of her class but has remained consistently good considering she has had fairly traumatic events in her childhood.
I did point that out but they didn't seem interested in her school work or the head teachers comments. Mainly did she have many friends and would they be going to the Grammar. They must have spent tops 2 mins looking through her school work.
One chap was particularly officious and very intimidating.
It seems to me that honesty is not the best policy and that maybe I should have made up some stories of maybe my husband and I splitting up at the time and how traumatic the event was for my child!
It seems to work apparently!! Others have got through on similar marks or lower having "told" this sort of experience!
I have sent off for the transcript but do not hold out much hope of getting through on a re-appeal.
Any comments or advice would be appreciated!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi,

Can you give us more details? What were Head's recommendation e.g. 2:1 or what?

Where was your child in the order of suitability?

Sounds likeyou had one of the people we had! Panels can get it wrong - not everyone is like Etienne.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Remi

I am sorry that your appeal was unsuccessful. I understand your disappointment, having gone through a failed appeal last year. Inf act I may even recall the same officious man you mention!

Theis post really belongs on the "Appeals" thread on the Forum, where you will receive more support. If you want to post again there I suggest that you try.

However, in the meantime, the only grounds for a further Appeal (to the Ombudsman) are on the grounds of maladminisatration.

Etienne is much better at describing this than me, but it boils down to something having gone very seriously wrong with your Appeal - a failure by the panel to include a key piece of evidence in their discussion (such as a Doctor's letter, or Ed Psych report), prejudicial comments, etc.

When you get the transcript, if you have any further worries, please do post back under Appeals.

Best wishes

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now