** HELP NEEDED RE NOVEMBER 2009 VERBAL REASONING IN HERTS **

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

** HELP NEEDED RE NOVEMBER 2009 VERBAL REASONING IN HERTS **

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi everyone :D

Please can someone, with experience, help answer my question. I would really value people's comments, input and experiences on this one please!

My child is due to sit the forthcoming Verbal Reasoning Exam, next month, November 2009.

For your information, we live in the Hertfordshire area.

Despite doing searches on the net, and asking other parents, I am still unsure whether the children can use "scrap" paper to do their workings out, or not.

Knowing my child, I feel that scrap paper would really benefit, but I need to know if this is allowed or not.

Also, if scrap paper is not allowed, can the children write their workings out on the multiple choice answer sheet or not, or would this cause problems, or could this possibly disqualify their paper?

I would be grateful for any input please, as my mind is a bit pickled from the whole Secondary Transfer procedure, along with the forthcoming verbal reasoning exam, not to mention the forthcoming maths exam too !

There seems to be a distinct lack of general information available, and it is amazing how many parents seem to "clam up" when the subject is discussed !

Many thanks for reading :)

Knowledge is power

Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Have you had a look in the Hertfordshire section of the forum?

You may find the answer there, or you could post there and ask the question. That way, you would be more likely to get a reply from someone with knowledge of this test in your area.

Good luck.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Ed's mum wrote:Have you had a look in the Hertfordshire section of the forum?

You may find the answer there, or you could post there and ask the question. That way, you would be more likely to get a reply from someone with knowledge of this test in your area.

Good luck.

Hi Ed's mum

Thanks ever so much for replying to my post.

I have had a look, but couldn't seem to find any answers, but then again, that could be me ... lol. :lol:

Thanks for your advice ... I have posted the same question in the Hertfordshire section, so hopefully, between the two posts, I should get some feedback.

Fingers crossed !

Thanks again. :D
Knowledge is power

Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Confused - if the tests are being administered by a local education authority then you should ring up the Admissions section and ask them. If the tests are specific to individual schools then you should ring up the relevant school/s and ask them. Don't rely on hearsay as rules can change from year to year. If you've looked at the Kent section recently you'll see that sometimes even the invigilators don't know what they're meant to be doing!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Confused

Please could I ask you to use the standard-sized typeface when posting on the Forum? Using large typefaces and capitals is considered to be "shouting" on internet forums.

Thank you.

Sally-Anne
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Bexley Mum 2 wrote:Confused - if the tests are being administered by a local education authority then you should ring up the Admissions section and ask them. If the tests are specific to individual schools then you should ring up the relevant school/s and ask them. Don't rely on hearsay as rules can change from year to year. If you've looked at the Kent section recently you'll see that sometimes even the invigilators don't know what they're meant to be doing!!

Hi Bexley Mum 2

Thanks so much for replying to my post.

Re your suggestions: From experience, Admissions have been less than helpful, to be perfectly frank. I emailed them about another matter, and even after nearly 2 months, I still have not a reply from them !!! ... in the end I found out the information needed elsewhere.

However, your idea of contacting the schools directly is brilliant !!!

Thank you so much ... will make some calls in the morning.

Thanks again :D
Knowledge is power

*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi Confused

Please could I ask you to use the standard-sized typeface when posting on the Forum? Using large typefaces and capitals is considered to be "shouting" on internet forums.

Thank you.

Sally-Anne

Hi Sally-Anne

Sure, no problem :wink:

To be honest, I had no idea it was considered as "shouting" :? ... but now I know ... thanks for bringing it to my attention ... I don't want to offend anyone.
Knowledge is power

Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No offence taken Confused. Using standard type also helps to get the maximum number of posts on one page, which helps other people's viewing experience of the Forum.

Good luck with your preparation - you will find plenty of help on the Herts Forum.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now