Kent Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laeupd

Kent Results

Post by laeupd »

I found out last night that Kent schools received the 11 plus results yesterday.

The danger is that as parents we will read too much into teacher comments and gestures over the next two weeks, creating an emotional rollercoaster. Obviously a heady mix of truths and myths will creep into the public domain, but this is not the time for our kids to see us as emotional wrecks.
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Hi Laeupd,

You say the Kent schools received the results yesterday, do you know if they went to OOC schools aswell?

Also others have said that their DC's headteachers received the results at the end of last week, do they not all go out together?
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

I'm so confused...

We are out of county. I suppose our school knows nothing about Kent test. Should I ask our headteacher directly? Or just wait for KCC e-mail first?

If you go to KCC site, there is a clear explanation:
"When will I know my child's assessment decision?
We will post assessment decision letters to parents by first class post on 19 October 2009."

That's all. Nothing about getting results at school :?
OOC parents, need your help, please!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

You may as well ask, the worst that can happen is that the head will say you have to wait.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

in Kent the results of the test papers are sent out to the schools a few weeks before the parents are informed of the decision. The headteacher can then send in examples of the child's work as additional evidence if they have not passed the test despite expectations.

After considering this the child may then be given deemed as selective on the basis of this other evidence.

The final decisions are then sent to parents on the 19th October. A child may be therefore have not reached the required mark in the test papers but still be deemed selective .Parents then also have a right of appeal.

I am not sure if this stage would also apply to out of county candidates. It may be worth while e-mailing KCC to ask
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

When DD took 11+ her OOC primary did get the results a few weeks before the parents found out. -But that was in the dark days when the 11+ was in January and your result came with your school allocation!.
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

yoyo123 wrote:in Kent the results of the test papers are sent out to the schools a few weeks before the parents are informed of the decision. The headteacher can then send in examples of the child's work as additional evidence if they have not passed the test despite expectations.

After considering this the child may then be given deemed as selective on the basis of this other evidence.

The final decisions are then sent to parents on the 19th October. A child may be therefore have not reached the required mark in the test papers but still be deemed selective .Parents then also have a right of appeal.

I am not sure if this stage would also apply to out of county candidates. It may be worth while e-mailing KCC to ask
Thank you so much Yoyo!

I didn't know all this as I'm new to the Kent test system.

Will the final letter (posted on 19th October) contain the score or just the decision (deemed selective or not)?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I think just the decision, but I'm not absolutely sure. When my children took the test they did it in January and all we got was the school allocation
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Thanks for the suggestion YoYo. If anyone else is interested, I rang KCC and was told that the timeline and the process are exactly the same for OOC primary schools.
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

Thanks yoyo!

Desperate Dan, thank you for the info! What are going to do? Just wait?