knutsford high school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

knutsford high school

Post by caz »

does any khow anything about this school ????
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Yes my niece went here in Sept. She didn't pass entrance exams though did win appeal at Urmston which didn't come to anything in the end.

First impressions have been very positive. She goes on a bus from Urmston at seven thirty (I know!) and there are three coaches leaving, one goes through Chorlton.

She is already on all the sports teams and school council. My sister has attended open evenings at teh school and says all the parents seem nice and friendly.

Any help Caz?
caz

Post by caz »

thanks ive been to the open day,its just it comes low in the league tables so i'm not to sure and it is 15 miles away dont know if it would be worth it
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Depends what your alternatives are caz? Apart from grammars, which other schools are a possibility for you?
caz

Post by caz »

i live in wythenshawe do i need to say any more@@@@@my son as always gone to a trafford school,i dont think he could cope with a school round here!it would be like another world for him!
Gatley

Post by Gatley »

Hey Caz,

Bramhall High and Wilmslow High are pretty good schools.

I'll be putting one of them down as my son's third choice just in case he doesn't get into the Grammars.
tilly0830

Post by tilly0830 »

Am new to the forum - trying to help a friend out of the area work out whether it's worth an appeal to Alty Girls this year......but if it helps...my eldest girl went to Alty Girls up to year 10 then moved to Knutsford for A Levels. She wanted to do Dance, Theatre Studies and English (Alty don't offer Dance and I don't think Drama at A Level).

I have to say what a fantastic school Knutsford is. Very friendly, brilliant teachers who welcomed and supported my daughter throughout her two years with them. She left with 3 'A's at A Level. Can only comment on the departments we came across but Dance (the marvellous Lisa Scott) and Drama (the equally marvellous Helen Maine) are second to none, English department is fantastic, art, graphics are also extremely good. Sports facilities are superb (swimming pool included)....

My daughter successfully auditioned for Laban in London to do her degree and I know wouldn't have been able to get through that tough audition if it hadn't been for the two years at Knutsford.
caz

Post by caz »

i think the money its going to cost to get my son to knutsford about £100 a month ,i think i'll just use it to send him to n/c