WCGS Test Results Out Today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
trishc38

WCGS Test Results Out Today

Post by trishc38 »

There is a message on Website that they were posted yesterday. I am in work and feel sick with nerves as will not get them until 5pm when I get home:)

Has anybody received them and was it good news?

Good luck to everybody xx
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I haven't got my envelope steaming technique ready yet.. I wonder when they will arrive... aren't there postal strikes?
Animis opibusque parati
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Ironing the envelope works quite well! :oops:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sounds good mitasol - any advice on setting of the iron .for a particular type of paper....

reckon we should start a mobile service going round to parents too shakey to hold the iron straight. Will also have to make the celebratory cuppas and train them in having a straight face... oh and some glue to reseal the envelopes.....
trishc38

Post by trishc38 »

I checked Royal Mail and no strike today:) What time does your Post normally come? I am so nervous and I bet there will be no post there when I arrive home :cry:
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

The time has gone by so quickly,i wish all the results came out this early.
I am not looking forward to the winter waiting :evil: !!
Can i ask before we receive any letters (which will be next week for me because we had a delivery yesterday :roll: )--what do the results actually mean? Of course either pass or fail but do they guarantee a place if placed first on the CAF list or just inform of a pass?
Thanks and good luck to all with the subtefuges and then keeping the straight faces!!!!
trishc38

Post by trishc38 »

I believe it will tell you if your son Passed with a "Guaranteed Place" this will be within first 120 places, the other letters would be "good pass and put on a reserve list" or a fail I think (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). If your son does get offered a Guaranteed Place but you prefer Wilson's and you put Wallington as 2nd choice on CAF - if your son was to Fail Wilson's you would still get the place at Wallington even if you put it 2nd on CAF.

Hope that makes sense:)
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi

I got home from work early today and saw the letter on the mat!

I had to open it very carefully as DS had said he wanted to open and then glue it back down afterwards! The things we parents do!

Anyway, it was good news! DS passed the test, came 173rd which the letter said was a good score and then went onto say that if we put WCGS as first preference DS should get a place.

I must confess I'm in complete shock - had to check the name and address about 3 times then read it out loud over the phone to DH.

Now waiting for DH to come home so we can give letter to DS to open - don't know if I can wait that long.....

Plumx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Excellent News PLum!!!!

Have a lovely evening celebrating ........ main problem is keeping a straight face .... :wink:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations Plum! :D
Good Luck to all still waiting. (iron on low setting!)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now