Longdean School Apsley Hemel

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Abmum

Longdean School Apsley Hemel

Post by Abmum »

Longdean School is Apsley is worth taking a look at if you don't want miss out on a School that is doing very well and within easy reach of most North Watford and the Langleys children. If you take a look at last years exam results it shows up as one of the best performing non selective schools in our area and this years results are higher again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/e ... ml/919.stm
As some may know, I live in Abbots and did not get any of my chosen schools and took the chance on Longdean last year due to it's growing reputation. My son loves the school and is now enjoying year eight and is happier there than he ever was at Primary School. I do know that they have already had their open evening but they are happy to show you around if requested.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you for posting that Abmum. I wasn't aware that the school even existed, but it may be exactly what a friend of mine needs for her daughter. :D

Do you happen to know if Year 7 is full?

Sally-Anne
Abmum

Post by Abmum »

I can check for you and let you know. Longdean was known a long time ago as Apsley Grammar and it then joined with Bennets End Comprehensive so it is now the 3rd largest school in Hertfordshire so usually has some places, thats how we got in there. Don't let the size of school put them off though, as year 7 have their own Hall and playground area so to introduce them into the school easily. They also have a Virtual tour on their website www.longdeanschool.co.uk. Let me know if you need any further info.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you kindly AbMum - feel free to PM me if you prefer.

May I ask what your impression of the quality of sport at the school is?

Sally-Anne
Abmum

Post by Abmum »

Sport there is very well represented with Astroturf pitches, also the Hemel SportSpace is based at Longdean School which is a purpose built sports hall & Gym. The School has also been awarded the Sports England Gold Award.

Hope this helps :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

This gets better all the time Abmum! Girl is sport-mad, and when I mentioned the school to her today her first question was "What's the sport like?"

Off to email her mum ...

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now