Question for Alex and anyone else that wants to join in...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lec

Question for Alex and anyone else that wants to join in...

Post by lec »

If our son passes 11+ and wants to go to Grammar I know we need to fill in CAF.He is now being home educated though he stuck out school till the 11+.Would I be better filling in the CAF in paper form so I can write a cover letter as there appears to be no area on online or paper form to say he is not now at the primary school?
Also if we wish to have scores do I need to phone the Grammar school for these?
Thankyou in advance.
Lec
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

Don't think it matters that he is not at a local primary school, kids could be filling in CAF forms from anywhere - state schools / private schools / home ed in and out of the county.

Good luck!
lec

Post by lec »

Thanks,it's just that he was at primary and that is on the CAF form along with a number for him,so just wondered if I should write or phone as details won't be accurate..very confused.All this premature as we don't know until tomorrow anyway!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ah see what you mean re the CAF. It is easier to edit the paper version! not sure that it will matter as all the places will be given on achieving the pass mark and then distance from home.. (if I remember my Lincs correctly)

Good luck for tomorrow!!
lec

Post by lec »

Thankyou,it is a minefield. just don't want to miss ')something out and be accused of lying or something[maybe I am paranoid]and thanks for the Good Luck.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello lec,

I assume you got your form via the primary school. I would suggest that you ring the admissions department or send them an e-mail to tell them that your son is no longer attending the primary school (though it really should not affect anything). It may mean that you need to do a paper form rather than an online one in order to accommodate the change but they would be happy to advise you on this.

You should receive your results direct from the Grammar school - they were supposed to be posted out today though some already have them (as usual!). Some of the schools automatically give you the score -usually those who allocate places on score order; some merely tell you whether you have reached the qualifying standard (usually those which allocate on siblings and distance from the school and take no account of score once you have "passed") but will happily give you the score if you ring up; and one tells you whether you have reached the qualifying standard and only tells you the score if you are going to appeal. Caistor is an anomaly and sends out letters which give an indication of how well you have done without actually divulging the score.

Hopefully you will know soon. Fingers Crossed!
lec

Post by lec »

THANKYOU...AGAIN!