The night before test day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MedwayMumof1

The night before test day

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

Any ideas on how to spend the night before test day? I am picking up dd from school rather than her go to after school club and want to be out of the house so as not to be tempted to ram last minute tips down her throat!!

Had thought about cinema, dinner and then home for an early night.

Any other ideas would be appreciated since the test is next Saturday

Thanks

Medwaymumof1
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Something physical to tire her out so she sleeps well. Before his first test this year my son went to the park with his friends, brought them back for tea, charged around outside again, then went to bed and went out like a light.

Personally I wouldn't go for an early night. You would probably need to say why your DD was having an early night which might make her start thinking about the tests and therefore be counter-productive. I would keep things as normal as possible and send her to bed at the normal time.
In fact, with DS2, who is a terrible worrier, we kept him up later than usual to make sure he was tired when he went to bed so would go straight to sleep - better than him being in bed earlier and worrying.
SSM

Post by SSM »

We kept the night before the test as normal as possible. It was a school night and the test was on a Tues & Wed so they had to be in school for normal time in the morning. It also did not make a big fuss of what was happening on test day, which is easier to do when it is on a school day.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now