loreto appeal???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salemother

loreto appeal???

Post by salemother »

Hi, any advice would be greatly appreciated.... my daughter has got 312 out of 320 for loreto, and I'm wondering if there's much point appealing. A friend missed out on St Ambrose last year by 10 marks and their appeal was unsucessful, based on the fact that all the places were taken up. So what I was wondering is, are appeals only sucessful providing there are places available, or do they hold back places for appeals?
Also what reason do I give for appeal? Is it good enough to appeal based on the fact she came within 2%? We are catholic and she goes to a local catholic school. Also she was of school sick the wed, thur and fri before the exam, didn't have her at the doctors and didn't mention it to loreto at the time, because I didn't want them thinking I was looking for points, so now I'm wondering is there any point mentioning she wasn't 100% fit, even though I can't prove it (apart from maybe school records).
Does anyone know, if an appeal has been sucessful for someone who didn't quite make the pass mark?
Cheers
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Hi

Sorry I have no experience, have you thought about discussing with your Daughters School = Being within Trafford I'm sure they must have some experience or Knowledge.
Best of luck, Have you sat any other exams and waiting the results?
caz

Post by caz »

i have been told that there is no point to appealing they always get refused on the grounds of marks
1 Confused Mum

Post by 1 Confused Mum »

To SM

My DD is in year 7 at Loreto and absolutely loving it. She has a friend who went through the appeal - we only learned last Thurs at the welcome mass for year 7s and families. My DD's friend was 6 marks out but the appeal was successful and I would suggest that you go for it. Nothing lost and at least you could say that you have at least tried. Let us know how you get on.