Ripon GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Ripon GS

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I never come on this section but I was having lunch in Ripon today and I have to say that the GS boys and girls that I came across were all lovely. They were well mannered, looked classy ;) and were acting very mature. I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to have DC's going there and the schools certainly have no shortage of ambassadors. :)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Awww, what a lovely thing to say.

Ripon's very proud of its grammar school and the school is very lucky to be so well supported by residents and parents alike.

It's one fabby school!!

PS: not tht I'm biased of course :lol: :lol: :lol:
aron

Please help

Post by aron »

Hello,

Am new to this grammar school test .Could some one please tell me what is the total score and what is the mark that my DS should achieve to get into Rippon.
My DS is an OOC
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Your DS only needs to score the same as everyone else who takes the test.

The score itself changes from year to year, the pass mark last year was 209.

Did your DS take the test this year?

How far OoC are you?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Aron!

Not sure what the total score is bit the score required should be on the letter with the results.

Now we know that Nathair has got a copy of that but is probably on cloud 9 since she heard that her daughter had passed for Skipton yesterday - not sure when or where she will land!!!

The letter will give the cut off score for both Skipton and Ripon schools (think this is right - it always used to) - there is always some angst over this as the scores are not the same for the 2 areas. Skipton is always higher (one year for example it was 225 v 204) - Although in both areas it is set by the score that the top 27-28% achieve of those in the local area, it is significantly different in the 2 areas - who knows why? lots of theories.... and lots of stressed parents in Skipton whose kids would have passed for Ripon but dod not pass for Skipton.
You say you are OOC .... this is a much bigger problem in Ripon than Skipton as RGS is more or less filled with in area kids, ... read Snowdrops saga for last year to get some insight - she did eventually get a place but to my mind at no massive distance from Ripon.
Ultimately it comes down to how far away you are????
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Sorry Aron, that was very rude of me. I should, of course, have welcomed you to the forum and especially RGS (which is a fabby school) - there are very few of us around here, in fact we are the only ones :lol: :lol:

If you'd rather, you can send me a pm with any details.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ah great minds - we crossed in cyberspace snowdrops!
Yes I think Aron needs to understand the complexities of getting into RGS as OOC :roll: :shock: :? :twisted: :( :wink: :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

The letter didn't give the two different pass scores last year Herman (I think they've changed it).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:The letter didn't give the two different pass scores last year Herman (I think they've changed it).
very sensisble ..... probably to stop the steam coming out of some people's ears!!!!!

Have you seen sight of a Ripon letter yet this year?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, but only to congratulate us on DD's bronze award for collecting 10 merits (awarded for excellent work) - VERY proud parents :D :D :D

I only know one other person who sat the test this year. A sister of one of dd's friends and we don't know them well enough to start asking those sort of questions :cry:

I'm very excited to be starting an RGS club!! :lol: :lol: :lol: