Invicta Grammar/ MGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nomorefingernails

Invicta Grammar/ MGGS

Post by nomorefingernails »

I know this has probably been sort of covered elsewhere but I can't seem to find anything on it. I am aware that maidstone grammar schools use a system of closeness to schools instead of the highest scores but can someone please tell me what sort of mark my daughter needs to get and if it is an added score or all 3 individually? She has had practice scores of between 125 and 140 but feels she didnt do as well on the vr and nvr this time around. Thanks!

Post by Guest »

I have a daughter currently in Year 8 at MGGS and one who has just sat the 11+ last week and hopes to go either to MGGS or Invicta. When my eldest sat the exam two years ago, she needed a minimum of 120 on each of two papers and not less than 117 on the third. We live in Headcorn and she did put Invicta as her first choice, but, unfortunately, it was oversubscribed that year. However, she is extremely happy at MGGS. Fingers crossed for your daughter and my yougest!
nomorefingernails

Post by nomorefingernails »

Thanks very much! I'll be keeping my fingers and just about everything else crossed for my daughter and yours. We are in a village near West Malling and most girls that passed from her primary school have been given a place in the last few years at Invica that had it as first choice but you can never tell really until the time comes. We would be happy with MGGs too.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Invicta and MGGS both select on distance in a straight line from all girls who have passed. There is no advantage in having a higher score.

In past years, one or other has been oversubscribed, but never both. Recently Invicta has been top dog, due to problems at MGGS, but these have now been resolved and there is a new head. There is also a new head at Invicta.
lesley

Post by lesley »

My daughter is in year 7 at mggs. I went to appeal last year as her maths result was 112 needed 118 . but she had a change of school and family crisis and i was successful for her..

Its a school I recommend to everyone, the girls are so friendly and the older girls know and will speak to the new girls.. which never happened in my day..

She loves it there..

good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now