hayes school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twix

hayes school

Post by twix »

hello i would be grateful for all opinions on hayes school. we are thinking of moving into the catchment area and need to know if it is worth moving there for the school. we went to the open day on saturday, and was very impressed. i know langley park is near,a nd want know how they both compare. thank you
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

I know children at both schools and they are both very good.

The catchment area for Langley Park is quite small but the one for Hayes is slighter bigger. Hayes seems to be a bit more relaxed and informal than Langley Park.

The children I know are doing well at both schools so you couldn't really go wrong with either of them.
twix

Post by twix »

thank you for your reply. my eldest son has found out yesterday he passed his bexley 11 plus, but only by 2 points. my youngest son is not as bright, and i cant put us all through this 11 plus stress again! so have decided to move so my youngest can go to a good comprehensive school, and feel that both these schools offer this. it is nice to hear others opinions. thank you so much.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Twix - can't you sleep?! Neither can I! Please don't say your son "only" passed by 2 marks. He passed and that's what counts. I know from experience that, just as end of Yr5 levels are not a very accurate guide to 11+ performance, 11+ scores are not necessarily a very accurate guide to how a child will perform at GS. ds2 passed the 11+ by not a very great amount a couple of years ago - he is now in top sets for everything at his GS and gets excellent reports - better than ds1 who passed the 11+ by a very big margin :roll:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
maddie

Post by maddie »

Hi I know both schools and they each have their strengths. I guess it would largely depend on whether you want co-ed or not. We also live in the area and are very happy here. :D
thaiboxer

Post by thaiboxer »

Both are GREAT schools. My daughter is at Langley and is positively thriving. Fantastic Head Teachers at both. Academically, sporting and socially - a great mix. You decide if you want co-ed or just girls.