Out of Borough children

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

madofbexley

Out of Borough children

Post by madofbexley »

I heard this from a friend and I thought you might all be interested in this.

When the system changed last year of releasing results before the application date Bexley Council noticed an increase in out of borough children who suddenly became 'in borough' before the cut off date in Dec.

To combat this they will now be asking all such people to provide extra proof of residency other than council tax bills. They will want completion letter for house purchases or minimum of 1 year rental agreement.

Don't know about you but I think this is great news. I have no problem with out of borough children scoring in the top 180 and securing a place in a Bexley grammar school, but do object to people who can afford to rent close to their chosen school obtaining a place over genuine Bexley residents!!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Strange how this isn't in the admissions book though? I would have throught that if it counted for this year that they would have to declare it as a change in criteria. To be honest if I had the money and it's what I had to do to secure a place at a good school for my child i'd do it. I'm sure there are plenty of parents who are making sacrifices for their children.

I don't feel any grievances for out of borough children, I put my son in for the Kent Tests and i'm interested in three of their schools, two selective and one not, if he was to get a place at one of those i'd be one of them as well :lol:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I think that this is in the literature somewhere, I'm sure I have read it. Will try to find it.

It is trying to stop people who rent on a short term lease trying to secure a school place then moving back to their own areas after a few months.

Blackfen Girls are very aware of the situation.
Bexley-mum

Post by Bexley-mum »

I've heard of somebody who actually lives in Surrey having their child sit and 'pass' the 11plus this year!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now