Exciting Discovery

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marigold

Exciting Discovery

Post by marigold »

I have just been very excited to discover that a very good friend of mine has been one of the frequent posters on this site for ages without me having a clue.
She lives in a different part of the country to me and a lot of her posts are on her area section but she has been posting in many other sections too.
Thankfully she is not one of those posters who makes me want to throw my coffee cup through a window but it did get me wondering if lots of us are replying unknowingly to people we actually know.

When my daughter did the 11plus there was a particular poster in my region who made me titter. I mentioned her to a friend who then told another Mum, turned out that she was that very poster. Thank the Lord I had not been my usual blunt/rude self.

I know that I live in the same town as Chelmsford Mum and possibly many others in the Essex section. I wonder if we have ever stood next to each other in Tesco or in the queue at the Post Office or even been on exercise bikes next to each other at the gym ( That is pure fantasy, have not visited a gym for years ).
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I always wonder about this! WHO are we really talking to??
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I am that gorgeous leggy blonde with the well behaved children............

:wink:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

You're so funny! :mrgreen:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I am actually one of the 164 GS Heads - watch out ladies!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I am actually one of the 164 GS Heads - watch out ladies!
And to think what we've said to you :shock: :lol:
mad?

Re: Exciting Discovery

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote: Thankfully she is not one of those posters who makes me want to throw my coffee cup through a window...
Thank heavens for that! :lol:

I'm sure in grammar country you are probably bumping into each other all the time. Here in nowheresville I doubt it, although I have seen the odd post which has unwittingly identified someone I know. I would be MORTIFIED if someone identified me, it would be SO humiliating for anyone to know how much time I have poured away on here...
mad?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm OK, because I aloways just speak to myself, people are used to it!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I think if anyone in my area was reading any of my posts it wouldn't be too hard to work out who I am, simply because dd is the only one from this area in this year!! Oh well, I've said nowt I'm ashamed of or which would embarass me *runs off to check all my posts and delete any identifying remarks* :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Exciting Discovery

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

mad? wrote:I would be MORTIFIED if someone identified me, it would be SO humiliating for anyone to know how much time I have poured away on here...
Snap!

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Yeah and i live in yorkshire :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now