Where are you all

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gogogirl

Where are you all

Post by gogogirl »

Its very quiet on here :roll:
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I'm here gogogirl!! Just stressing as prob need to move in order for DS to go to preferred grammar school :( I thought the stress was over, but it's just beginning :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I reckon Lincs residents are drawing breath between getting the results and the allocations...
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

hi ourmaminhavana which school are you after?
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Caistor :D
How about you?
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

we have put down king edward louth because in catchment for there and also free bus from out side my front door! I understand this does still involve leaving home at 8 am and returning at 5.15 pm. if we had gone further afield I think this would have affected her learning as she is quite a laid back almost lazy about learning and add that to tiredness and i dont know how shw would fare. Promised her horse riding lessons if she passed so need to fit that in too. :lol: A lot of parents seem to prefer Caistor though. Are you not in catchment at all for any of the grammars?
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

No :(
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

its all a bit unfair really especially as out of catchment children seem to get really high scores and actually deserve a place. Do you receive your childs score when they pass Caistor? Havent you got any idea whether your child will get an ooc place? This is all new to me I have 17 year gap between my dds. First one went to local comp and did extremely well anyway but moved since then.
I too took the 11+ and went to grammar but so different then, dont remember any stress, took the test in my primary and next thing knew that was where i was going. I got myself into a right state over dd test, the primary quite unsupportive of the 11+ process and i felt i needed to prove i knew she was a bright child and would pass. I hope it all works out right for you and your child and you get what you want :)
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Caistor set their own 11 Plus, rather than using the same one as the Consortium. They don't reveal the score, but have a variety of different letters that they send out which give an indication as to your child's performance. My DS's said things like 'very impressive score' and 'if you want to come here please be encouraged by this result and put us first'. We're assuming that this means they want him
:?
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

thats great news though isnt it? surely you wouldnt need to move home.
I read somewhere else on here a while ago about the impressive letter so you must stand a very good chance. I dont reckon I could cope with the uncertainty, I still think about it all several times a day and we know where dd is going, cant imagine how I would feel otherwise. Good luck and let us all know how you get on in March :)