places at sale grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JMG

places at sale grammar

Post by JMG »

:?: Hi does anyone know if everyone in the catchment area that passed for sale was offered a place last year? According to the letter 545 passed for sale this year but there are only 180 places :cry: so just a bit worried that my dd won't be offered a place' even though we live 0.6 miles away!
emsy

Post by emsy »

I don't know if everyone in catchment got a place but we did from about 1.5 miles away. Everyone I know who took the Sale exam also took Altrincham and many also took Loreto/St Ambrose so there is a lot of overlap - many will have passed for all 3 schools.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Hi emsy thanks for your reply, were you in the catchment area because I know they take those from outside according to their score?
emsy

Post by emsy »

We are in catchment.
emsy

Post by emsy »

If it's any reassurance, even more (553) passed last year.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Thats good to know, thanks!
dogstar

Post by dogstar »

My dd passed and we were in catchment too if that helps.
NotAPushyMum

Post by NotAPushyMum »

I was told that so far they have always been able to offer places to those in the catchment area and that last year there were only 7 places offered out of catchment. This was from the horses mouth.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Yes, that's what I was told by the admissions person at Sale - 7 places initially offered out of catchment, and there are now 14 from outside catchment in current year 7 (i.e. a further 7 were offered to out of catchment, I suppose because some went private, moved away etc.). She also told me that the highest score on the current year 7 waiting list is 369 (i.e. they offered places down to a score of 370).

Our son scored 390, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.
JMG

Post by JMG »

:) Thats put my mind at rest a bit more, my dd passed for both sale and stretford but living just down the road from sale grammar this would obviously be our first choice! We were just a bit concerned with the amount of people passing that we wouldn't be offered a place! AGSB old boy didn't your ds pass for alti as well, will you put there as your 1st choice?