Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HOPEFUL MUM

St Martha's

Post by HOPEFUL MUM »

Any advice on St Marthas please?

Post by Guest »

This is meant to be a really child friendly exam. I have heard of children who were in the bottom group of their school getting in. I have never heard of anyone being turned away from the school. They also seem to have vacancies throughout the year groups. I think the hardest part of the process is convincing the headteacher that you have the funds for the reasonable fees. This school is loved by both parents and girls.

Post by Guest »

My daughter sat St Martha's exam today and found it ok. Has anyone any idea how many girls were at the exam.

I feel that once you can afford the fees you will get in. We have our interview next Monday. Whether we accept a place here all depends on the results of Latymer/HBS/HABS.
jen s

st marthas

Post by jen s »

any tips for the interview or is it straightforward-if there is such a thing!!

Post by Guest »

Just wondering if anyone has attended the interview and can give us tips on the type of questions asked.

My daughter has her interview on Monday and we really want this school.

Thanks
jens

Post by jens »

how was the interview?

Post by Guest »

The interview on Monday was fine. We were made feel really relaxed and comfortable. The Headmaster spoke about the school and what it had to offer. We were all really impressed. He said that we would be notified by Feb 25th.

Fingers crossed.

Post by Guest »

I called St Martha's today and they are hoping to send out the offers on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.