Appeal today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nervous Mother

Appeal today

Post by Nervous Mother »

Hi Everyone,
The posts have dried up lately. It's a bummer for people who still need support.
I had my appeal today. My husband was stuck in another country because of the bad weather and wasn't able to attend so I had to go it alone. Yikes!! I was very nervous at first, but as everyone else has said, the panel was full of very polite people who were trying very hard to make me feel at ease. They were very kind, but I was still a bit on the nervous side. If you've been reading the posts on this website you have a basic idea of what the panel are looking for and what they are going to ask you. Get prepared. Make sure you are fully armed with all of the best academic evidence you could possibly have.
I don't have much advice, especially since I haven't even received our result yet. All I can say is don't worry about feeling threatened. The panel should be praised in their effort to keep it friendly.

If you're reading, start writing!

NM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Thanks for your encouraging words to those still waiting - let us know the result as every successful Appeal is good news.
Going it alone

Post by Going it alone »

Any news????
Nervous Mother

Successful Appeal!

Post by Nervous Mother »

Hi GIA,

Thank you for asking. We were successful. I posted our result on Sunday Jan. 21.
The day we opened the letter was very emotional. Our relief was almost more then we could bare. There were lots of tears. I still get teary whenever I talk about the appeal to anyone. I think I can safely say getting our children through the Eleven Plus Appeal ranks right up there with the most stressful things we will face.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting and to those who haven't been successful.

NM
Nervous Mother

Successful Appeal!

Post by Nervous Mother »

Hi GIA,

Thank you for asking. We were successful. I posted our result on Sunday Jan. 21.
The day we opened the letter was very emotional. Our relief was almost more then we could bare. There were lots of tears. I still get teary whenever I talk about the appeal to anyone. I think I can safely say getting our children through the Eleven Plus Appeal ranks right up there with the most stressful things we will face.

NM
Nervous Mother

Successful Appeal!

Post by Nervous Mother »

Hi GIA,

NM
Nervous Mother

Skillful Posting!!!

Post by Nervous Mother »

Sorry Everyone,

I realize you probably don't need to read my post 3 times. I guess I lost my posting ability. Too much stress!

NM
Going it alone

Post by Going it alone »

Hi NM,

Am so happy for you. Congratulations! Have had a few tears tonight, am feeling pretty low about my impending appeal.

It's nice to hear good news from others though.

Gia.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now