NVR 11A - Help please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
richmond

NVR 11A - Help please

Post by richmond »

Hallo

We are stuck on some from this question paper - I have done a search and cannot see that anyone else has questioned these before.

Section 2 Q 12
Section 3 Q 10 and 12
Section 5 Q 9

Any one who can briefly explain the answers I would be grateful.

Richmond
fm

Post by fm »

Section 2 Qu 12. The left hand one is flip, then flip back again. The middle is flip and reverse colours, then flip back again, the right hand will follow the same pattern as the left so be flip which gives you C

Sec 3 Qu 10. Do it on elimination, point by point. Little arrow will be pointing upwards in bottom left which eliminates C and D. Black on ring is rotating round so will be on right in our one which eliminates none. Stripped remains on right but will be covered by black on our own so that eliminates B. Inner shape will have black vertical which eliminates all but A.

Sec 3 Qu 12.

The one to disappear next is always stripes going left to right downwards. Thus circle disappears from first, then triangle from next. Going to box 4, you see the rectangle was the next to disappear so in box 3 it will have stripes going from left to right downwards. This leaves you a choice of D and E, but it must be E because the arrow style shape would, at this point, still have its original vertical stripes.

Section 5, Qu 9. Circles on top of shape so that eliminates D and E. Same size circles so that eliminates C. The the fact the shapes have a line of symmetry eliminates B, leaving you with only A.

Hope this helps.
richmond

Post by richmond »

Thanks FM for your quick response. Will take another look and talk them over with my DD. I am fine on VR but some of these NVR just get me down!

Richmond
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Richmond - you need to bear in mind that Nfer NVR paper A is the hardest paper known to man! Papers B,C and D are much easier.
richmond

Post by richmond »

Thanks Bexley Mum 2 - nice to know its the most difficult of the set of papers.

Richmond