Message for KateL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Monicas Mum

Message for KateL

Post by Monicas Mum »

Kate,

Hope you don't mind me asking but how does your DD get to and from school? If our DD does get a place at SLGS I need to get my head round the travel arrangements. I am thinking the bus but know she would need to change at the bus station in Canterbury and don't know how easy this is.
thanks in advance.
x
katel

Post by katel »

Hi - no I don't mind at all. She gets the 7.45 bus from Faversham usually -occasionally the train. Then the shuttle bus from the bus station in Canterbury. Quite easy once she got used to it (took about a week) although it is very busy and intimidating at first.

Coming home is sometimes a bit more difficult - the shuttle bus sometimes gets caught in traffic so they miss the direct bus that gets to Faversham at 4.30 and have to either rush to the station to get the train or get the 'round the houses' bus that doesn't get to Faversham til 5.

Happy to answer more questions - keep 'em coming!
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

Thanks, that's what I thought. The train is out for us as we do not have a station here and would only mean her getting another bus from Faversham. Will just have to sit at home for the first week nail biting until she walks through the door.

Hang on need to stop talking as if she has a place there already, know it might not happen yet.

Is your DD helping at the open evening next week?
katel

Post by katel »

Would you be happy posting where you live? Dd might know someone who does that journey already. The difficulty is the shuttle bus from school to the bus station - particularly in winter. If your dd has a tight connection for her "home" bus, and no fall back train it might be difficult.

Yes, dd will be there on Tuesday - "we will be expection the majority of girls to attend....."!

She'll be in the Art Room, so he'll be a happy bunny!
patricia

Post by patricia »

katel wrote:Would you be happy posting where you live?
Perhaps via PM?

Patricia
katel

Post by katel »

That's what I meant - I have no brain - it's half term and my children have stolen it!
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

PM sent, please let me know if you have got it as it is the first time I have sent one and I managed to send it to myself first lol
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now